Chapter 11

I finished off some of the more of the fiddley chores like dusting, vacuuming and cleaning my windows anything to keep myself busy, but after a while. I went back to doing what you shouldn't be doing on your holiday, catching up on work.

I was reading up on a file when my phone starting ringing from inside the kitchen. I put down my tablet and ran to the kitchen from my couch.

It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered suspicious of who it might be.

"Hey Lexi, it's Vince."

Sigh of relief.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry about running out like that, I did want to catch up with everything. But I couldn't stick around after that, I can't believe she dissed my car. What a bitch!" I said leaning over the granite kitchen bench.

"I know I don't blame you for walking out if I was in your situation I would have hit the bitch, it took control to walk away."

"Thanks Vince, you have no idea." I said thinking about all the things I could have done to her. I mean we were in a garage for Christ sake any number of the tools would have done nicely.

"Soo, there's a barbecue tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if you're brave enough to come along?"

"Of course I am Vince you know me, and if she starts up with me again, I'm always up for a little one on one action." I said, I was half joking.

He found it funny at least because he laughed.

"So I'll take that as you coming then?" He asked in a hopeful tone.

"Sure will! Count me in."

"Awesome. So what are you up to now?"

"Well I am just about to get ready to go out with some friends I know in L.A, I'd invite you but the place that they want me to meet them isn't really your scene." I said, in truth it was slightly the truth but some of it was also a lie.

"Yeah that's cool, I'm not too fussed over not being invited. I couldn't go anyway I've got to finish up on my friends car tonight."

"Okay cool, well have a nice night Vince I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, you too, see ya." He said ending the call.

I put the phone down and walked back over to the couch to finish reading up on my file, keeping a close eye on the time.
I changed into a little black dress. It had a skirt that fell from just above the waist line to mid thigh. The dresses top half was all black lace, see through back and slightly low cut at the front. I put on large silver earrings my sisters small cross and let my hair loose. I swept it over one shoulder and pulled on a pair of silver heels.

After adding a few more accessories I left my apartment and headed to 'Paraíso' a Spanish club nearby in the city. The people I was meeting were waiting outside the club waiting for me to arrive.

"Miss Turner, it's so great to see you again." The man said kissing my hand after I offered it to him.

"Serge, it's always a pleasure. This must be your son Caius." I said mentioning the younger Rivera.

"Yes Caius, this is Lexi Turner the woman I met in Cairo, eight months ago. The one I told you about."

"Ah yes, I remember, it is an honour to meet you Miss Turner." Caius said also kissing my hand.

It was definitely different the way I was treated here by these men than Dom or Vince ever treated me.

"And how could I forget Demyan, your bodyguard. Demyan, it's nice to see you again." I said acknowledging his large looming presence behind the two Rivera men.