Grenade (Peterick)

This ones a little sad. Just letting you know IM SORRY

Pete and Patrick had been dating for years now. Patrick loved Pete, but there was one problem.

Pete was abusive.

And Patrick saw past that, because he was only abusive when he was drunk- which was a lot lately. He started going out to meet the rest of the guys, and they, including Pete himself, would ask about the bruises and cuts along his arms, and sometimes even his face.

Pete never remembered anything when he was drunk, so he didn't know he was abusing Patrick. Patrick kept quiet about it- he didn't want Pete thinking lowly of himself.

But one morning after a hangover, Pete was eating his breakfast when Patrick came downstairs.

"Morning, baby." Pete said, standing up to hug him. He felt Patrick move beneath him- Patrick actually flinched. He hesitantly hugged Pete back, mumbling a soft 'Morning' to him.

Pete noticed Patrick was wearing his jacket again- it was the middle of June. Pete pushed Patrick away gently, giving him a warning look.

"Patrick.... You're wearing a jacket- and its June. Don't tell me...." Pete said, slipping off Patrick's jacket to reveal more bruises. There was one scratch on the side of his left hand, and a bad bruise toward his shoulder.

"Patrick, how do you keep doing this? You have these a lot lately, and never tell us why." Pete asked, tearing up a bit. "I hate seeing you like this."

"Well maybe you should stop getting drunk," Patrick muttered. He gasped, slapping his hand over his mouth. Pete stared at him quizzically.

"What- wait, say that again?" Pete said. Patrick shook his head, taking a step back. "Patrick, what did you just say?" Pete asked, more firm this time. Patrick looked away, avoiding his question.

"P-Patrick.... Have I been doing this to you?" Patrick sighed. It had been 4 months. It was time to tell the truth.

Patrick nodded hesitantly, Pete's face gaping in horror.  Pete took a step away from Patrick, staring down at his hands then back at Patrick's arms.

"Wh- when? Why didn't you tell me?" Pete shook his head, not believing that he'd hurt the one he loved so much like this.

"When you get drunk.... You get mad or upset over the slightest little details...." Patrick muttered, "and last night...." He practically choked on the words, shaking his head as if he didn't want to remember.

"Patrick, please.... What did I do to you?" Pete urged, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

~LAST NIGHT~

Pete walked into the house, leaning on the walls to prevent himself from falling. "P- Patrick!" He called. Patrick rushed downstairs, gasping when he saw Pete.

"Oh no- not this again...." He mumbled. He walked over, supporting Pete on his shoulders and laying him on the couch.

"When's the tour?" Pete asked, definitely slurred. Patrick stiffened.

"The tour ended last week, babe." He sighed, tossing a blanket over Pete. Pete glanced up at him.

"Did it?" He asked. Patrick nodded, planting a kiss on Pete's forehead.

"I'm gonna go to bed, baby. Good night- please don't break anything." He said gently, standing up and walking towards their room. He heard Pete call after him, freezing.

"Babe, don't- don't go. Stay here with me tonight. We can... Can watch movies or something." Pete slurred. Patrick shook his head.

"Not tonight, Pete." He said softly.