Lost In The Sea, And Your Eyes (Peterick) (Part 4) {ENDING}

Patrick yelped in surprise, but hesitantly kissed Pete back. Pete was the first to pull away, resting his forehead on Patrick's and painting softly.

"P-Pete...." Patrick mumbled, backing away. Pete looked down, sighing and shaking his head.

"No, I know. You're a merman. Just take me back home," he said quietly. Patrick opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it and nodded, grabbing Pete and swimming with him up to the surface.

Once they got there, Patrick sadly swam Pete back to the lighthouse. He had his head down the whole time and wouldn't take his eyes off the water. Pete just stared at the sad and young merman, knowing why he was so upset.

When they got back to land, Pete climbed up onto the dock and stared out to the ocean. He sighed, looking at Patrick, who was still upset.

"Hey, uhm.... This doesn't have to be the last time I see you, does it?" Pete asked. Patrick shrugged.

"I can't be on the surface a lot, and you hate my home, so probably...." Patrick answered, a slightly bitter tone in his voice. Pete sighed again.

"I don't hate it," he said. Patrick looked up, hurt still evident in his eyes.

"I wanted you to stay...." He said sadly, tears brimming in his eyes. Pete bit his lip, not sure how to respond.

"I- I can't. Your father would kill me, I-"

"You can be one of us," Patrick said softly, then turned away and started swimming back home.

"What?"

Patrick paused, turning back to look at him. "I was gonna make you one of us, so you could stay...." He said, turning away again. "I'm gonna go get your friend," and he was gone.

Pete battled himself in his head. He could stay with this amazing community of merfolk, and Patrick, and be a merman, or he could stay on land. His home, where all his....

You know, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

"Patrick I'll stay with you,"