Puppy!Patrick (Origin Story)

{this goes up to where they are now. 32 and 36 years old. It's cuuuuuuute is also tells how Patrick got his fedora and it's super cute in my opinion so eNJOY}

Patricia and David Stump were planning on having one more child. That was it. There was just one problem.

David was sterile now.

So the two and their son Kevin settled for a dog, since Patricia was highly allergic to cats. They drove up to the pound one rainy Thursday afternoon, Kevin, being only 5 years old, too excited to care for the weather.

Patricia walked in and had Kevin look at all the puppies while David talked to the girl behind the counter.

"Mama, there's a boy in here!" Kevin exclaimed, pointing to one of the cages. Patricia tilted her head, confused.

"There's no boy in the cages, sweetie." She said, walking over and looking in to see what he meant. She gasped slightly, because- sure enough- there was a small boy in one of the cages, a little bigger than the pups suckling at the mother German Shepherd's belly. He was human, but with dog ears and a tail. "How is that possible- David! Come here!"

"I wanna take him home!" Kevin said happily. David walked over, eyes widening as he saw it.

"What is that?" He said in awe, petting the small thing. Patricia smiled, petting him as well. The boy whimpered slightly, but cuddled into Patricia's hand.

"That's a hybrid- the mother was bred with another dog though, he was unexpected. We didn't know it was possible. He seems to have the senses of a dog, but features and functions like a human- although he's REALLY small. I doubt he'll get adopted. Poor thing," the girl explained. Kevin bounced around more.

"I WANNA TAKE HIM HOME!" He said giggling. Patricia smiled.

"Okay, Kevin.... We'll take him. Do we need to pay or sign somewhere?" Patricia asked, picking up the small pup. It flicked its tail and whimpered, snuggling into Patricia.

"No. Guess I spoke too soon- You can just take him. I'm Sure he'll be safe with you. Take care of him!" The girl called as the family walked out. David said goodbye before getting everyone into the car. The pup shivered, sneezing slightly from the raindrops on his nose. He gripped Patricia's shirt, nuzzling into her for warmth.

"The poor thing's cold- David, get the blanket from the back of the car." Patricia ordered. David gave her the blanket, which she gingerly wrapped around the puppy.

"Can we name it Bucky?" Kevin asked. David chuckled and started driving home, turning the heat on.

"No.... How about Tyler...?" Patricia suggested. David shook his head.

"I like Patrick. Patrick Martin Stumph." David said. Patricia nodded in approval, adding:

"Patrick Martin Vaughn Stump," with her middle name. She pet the puppy's head, careful of his ears. "Part German Shepherd, but now a Stump. Welcome to your new life, baby boy...." She whispered, watching his little tail flick around in his sleep.

~ 16 years later~

"Patrick, c'mon, sweetie! You're gonna be late!"

Patrick hesitantly came downstairs, adjusting his dark-framed glasses and flicking his tail. He tucked his hands in the pocket of his puppy hoodie, tail flicking from side to side and ears twitching nervously. Patricia smiled at him.

"First day of high school- aren't you excited?" She asked. Patrick shook his head, hugging her tight. She sighed. "It'll be okay. It's a new school, new friends, I'm sure you'll be fine. Okay? Go on. Get to home room." She said, pushing him outside gently and handing him his bookbag. Patrick sighed, calling a soft, "bye, mama," before leaving. 'Youll be fine,' His mother's words rang in his head as he walked to school.