The Afterlife (For angeleyes-demonsoul)

Okay, so this is just a little one shot based off of angeleyes-demonsoul's (Skittles) story One HELL Of A Good Time which I really liked so she let me do a little one shot for it. Enjoy!  Also- don't read this is you haven't read her fanfic. It won't make sense. :| go read it and follow her, she's amazing!!!!

PATRICK'S POV

Hell is more like Heaven nowadays. Well- for me anyway. Although, what say do I have? I've never been to Heaven. But I have Pete, and that's as close as I think I'm gonna get.

Fire demons. They were never common. And to think- I thought I would be alone for all eternity. Me and Pete spend our days playing with our fire, still learning new tricks and things. We've had a few missions in the centuries we've been down here, but still not many.

"Stump, Wentz!" I flicked my tail slightly, looking up. I saw Frank standing there, a familiar paper in his hands. He jumped slightly as my slightly bigger, but still small flame bounced around his feet. I whistled for it, hearing it chirp and seeing it zip up my tail and onto my shoulder.

"Hello, love..." I said softly, petting it gently. I then turned my attention back to Frank, who was watching my little flame with interest.

"I'll still don't understand why you enjoy playing with fire." Frank said with a chuckle, walking closer to me.

"I still don't understand why you enjoy sorting out the newbies." Pete said as he walked over to stand next to me. "Hey, Iero." He said with a smile.

"Wentz," Frank nodded to him. "Well, I have a mission for you two." He said, handing me the paper. I looked at it, seeing one spot in particular that was achingly familiar.

"D-didn't I....?" I trailed off, staring at it. Pete hovered over me, reading the list.

"That's the place you met me, isn't it? But that burnt down years ago...." Pete stated. I just nodded, dumbfounded. I looked up at Frank.

"Are you sure this is right?" I asked. He came over and read over the list again, shrugging.

"It says what it does. Go check it out." He said, glancing back at the little flame on my shoulder. "He's kinda cute." He said, smiling slightly. My little flame chirped, sending a puff of smoke toward Frank. Frank stepped back, waving it away from his face.

"Whoa, okay! Easy there, little one." He said, his smile widening. I chuckled slightly, flicking my eyes to black. I looked over at Pete, seeing him do the same. He looked pretty hot in those red skinny jeans- no pun intended.

"Ready, love?" I said to my little flame. It chirped happily, bouncing around and zipping around my head. "I'll take that as a yes!" I laughed. "You too, Pete. Let's go." I said with a flick of my tail. He followed me out, and I walked with Frank to the portal to the surface.

"Whenever you're ready, Stump." Frank said. I nodded, taking my flame in my hand and smiling at it. After that night he killed Pete, I was pretty pissed. But I couldn't stay mad at it for long. All is forgiven and forgotten, because without my little flame I never would have met Pete.

"To the surface!" Pete practically shouted, darting through the portal. I rolled my eyes, following after him.

~~~

We reappeared at that exact spot we were concerned about. The place I first burned down. The place I first met Pete. Instead of seeing the ashes and blackness that was normally there, I saw a new building there. A lot like the one there previously.

My little flame chirped, just as surprised as we were.

"I know, love.... I don't get it." I said, shaking my head. I looked at Pete, who seemed to be lost in thought.

PETE'S POV

I stood there, memories flooding back to me. The sheer terror of being trapped in smoke and flame, the inability to breathe, the first time I saw Patrick. i must've looked pretty stricken, because Patrick was in front of me , asking all sorts of questions I couldn't hear clearly.

"PETE!" Patrick yelled slightly, slapping me across the face. It didn't hurt too bad- Patrick was way to sweet to hurt a soul on purpose. But it was enough to snap me back into reality.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked, the little flame on his shoulder bouncing anxiously. I looked down at him and smiled, running my hand through my bleach-blonde hair.

"Are we gonna burn this motherfucker or what?"