The Weight (ElisaxPatrick)

(Maybe slight trigger warnings? I dunno. This is really sad im sorry. You decide how it ends, I'm not continuing this. Song is The Weight by Shawn Mendes.)

He wanted to go back. To forget that it's over. Paint everything black, she left him alone. He didn't even know she was sleeping with someone he basically grew up with, now he couldn't go back to her anymore.

Patrick sat in his and his ex's room, head in his hands as he sat to the side and just cried. The bed was destroyed, things thrown to the ground and most of the stuff she left there messed up. Patrick just couldn't get his head around why she did it.

*flashback*

"Elisa, please!" Patrick begged. Elisa shook her head picking up her glass and drinking a little.

"I'm happier with him, I promise I won't be gone long." She explained, picking her purse up and heading toward the door. Patrick was on the break of tears.

"If you're so happy with him, then why are you with me?" He asked, feeling the tears begin to stream down his face. Elisa's eyes widened, she rushed over and hugged Patrick tight as he cried more.

"I love you, you know that...." Elisa said softly as she pet his head gently to soothe him. "Please stay, baby. I love you so much." Elisa said as she pulled away, wiping Patrick's tears away with her thumbs. Patrick nodded, looking at his feet.

"F-fine...."

*end flashback*

Patrick gripped his hair tightly, regretting even saying yes to staying with her. He got up, jerking off his glasses and throwing them across the room hard. They slammed into the wall, the glass lens shattering and landing on the floor by the mirror. Patrick glanced in the mirror, his rage suddenly ebbing away.

*flashback*

"Elisa, at least tell me if I did something wrong." Patrick said softly. Elisa sighed, sitting back on the couch.

"I need time, okay...?" She said quietly, almost sounding irritated. Patrick didn't understand. At all.

"Time for what? Elisa, I-" He never finished that sentence.

"Patrick, just go, please, I just need time!" Elisa said, louder as she walked out of the house. Patrick stared after her, speechless. What did he do wrong? She was pushing him away, and he didn't know what he'd done and why. He felt himself tearing up, wiping his eyes and whispering a soft,

"Okay...."

*end flashback*

Earlier Elisa had tried to take back Patrick, but he refused. His heart broke the second she asked, for he couldn't lift the weight of that again. He always felt like he was doing something wrong. Elisa stormed away, shouting something at him about how she didn't need him and she had someone else. That someone else happened to be his best fucking friend.

Pete Wentz.

Patrick thought about him, clenching his fists and putting Elisa in the past. He knew it was over. She asked if he was okay several times. He always lied and said he was fine. Fine? His best friend stole his girlfriend and he didn't know what he'd done wrong. He was far from even okay.

He now just stared into the mirror, hating himself and Elisa, hating Pete. Just hating everything. He couldn't he her out of his head, but he knew he couldn't go back to her. He felt the tears start their fast flow again, clenching his eyes shut as he slammed his fist against the mirror face.

He panted softly, shocked and in pain. He looked at the mirror, his fist now embedded into several shards and small beads of blood making their way down to the bottom. He pulled his hand away, the shards falling off and leaving his cuts open. He closed his eyes, the pain disappearing as he did what he did every time he didn't feel right: thought of holding Elisa just once more.

He opened his eyes again, his hand now completely covered in red. He walked over to the bathroom, wrapping gauze around his hand after wiping it off. He couldn't stop the tears from coming, just regretting the past 2 years with Elisa and his whole life with Pete. He rested his head on the wall, looking down at one of the glass shards as he muttered one last time to himself,

"I'm sorry...."