Chapter 8

Alex sighed as he sipped on his soft drink while hidden purposefully in the shadows of the room. He was there as one of the gang members, one that had been trained by Scorpia. It has almost been one and a half months since he last contacted Yassen, he was missing him really badly. Alex sighed again as he noticed things were going to go bad, he put down his drink and rose gracefully. He was behind one of the leaders immediately, holding a dagger to his throat. Alex's boss grinned at him. "See, I told you not to try anything. My men are good, especially that one."
The leader glanced behind himself to look at Alex but Alex had stood in a way that his face was still hidden by the shadows. "Who is this?"
"This is one of my newer member, he was trained by Scorpia, a good assassin. He is a contract killer and we hired him for a bit while operation Armageddon is still in progress."
"Is it Yassen Gregorovich?" One of the leaders asked curiously, craning his neck.
"No. Alright back off now Hunter." Alex obeyed and took the dagger away before stepping back to his spot. The rest of the meeting went by without much of an incident and Alex finally got to go home to get some rest. He shoved his earphones into his ear, blasting Fall Out Boy, Evanescance, Panic! At the Disco, etc. type of music. He looked left and right instinctively as he reached the pedestrian crossing and was waiting to cross when he saw who was standing opposite. His so called family. They didn't seem to recognise him, pfft. Who was he kidding! He was wearing a disguise of course they wouldn't recognise him. But Ian was suppose to be trained to see through disguises, so is John - trained by Scorpia especially. Ian was looking at him with suspicion creeping onto his face. Alex's gaze turned colder, making Ian flinch and look away and when he looked back, Alex was gone.
***********
What the hell was that? That looks like Alex... But what is he doing here? Oh f*! I got caught staring! Oh my god... That kid, his gaze is so cold. It can't be Alex. His eyes look like warm melted chocolate, not eyes of an assassin. Ian thought and he shook his head to clear his head of those troubling thoughts. He looked at his wife who squeezed his hands when she noticed he looked troubled. He smiled at her and gave her a peck on the cheek to assure her he was fine.
************
Alex leaped from the mountain and the thick rope zipped loudly as they were pulled through the latch as he descended the icy mountains. He rappelled down the mountain face at a quick speed. He released the ropes slightly as some guards appeared on the edges of the cliff with rifles, and started shooting, he could feel someone trying to cut the rope. I have to get down quickly. Alex thought as he gritted his teeth as his newly acquired injuries flared up, screaming at him to stop the abuse. His cover was blown and he barely made it out alive, but he still manage to find out who the mole was as one of the leaders was boosting about it.
Alex cried out when a bullet hit his arm when it was trying to stop the rope. He almost released the rope again, if he did, he would have plummeted to his death no doubt. The ropes started slacking and Alex also heard it. The rope was barely strong enough to support his weight if he stopped another drop when he was going down at a rapid speed, the tug would surely break the rope. Another lucky bullet hit him as he was rappelling down again, this time it grazed the side of his head. The pain was blinding, stars exploded and he suddenly lost all his strength. His grip on the ropes slacked and he was free falling down. The rope tugged, not going through the device that hold the ropes fast enough, Alex was slammed against the mountain face and at last thing he remembered was dropping into the soft snow.