Chapter 14

"I have a present for you."
"Please tell me it isn't another gun, Collin." Alex deadpanned. He was now seated beside Yassen, leaning against him with his family staring at him as if studying them and trying to find fault. Collin looked sheepish as he held up a briefcase. Alex sighed and took it. Alex assembled the ground with amazing speed and proficiency that it shocked the Riders who didn't know anything about him. Alex examined the gun carefully. "Reminds me of Budapest." Alex said, rubbing the gun with his thumb.
"Why? Is it because of time you had a gun but chose to threaten to kill someone with a grape and a plastic spoon?" Alex twitched and the rest that didn't know wheat was going on looked at him like he just grew a second head. Collin ploughed right through. "That guy thought you were bluffing until you stabbed his hand with the handle of the plastic spoon and it went through, including the table a little and you spat out the grape in your mouth and it flew straight into that guy's mouth and he choke! Oh my godddd!! His reaction was so funny!!!" Collin started laughing and was doubling over. "What about that time when-"
"Not you too, Travis." Alex groaned. Travis ignored him and continued, "you just told them you worked with Scorpia and took a step forward to get a drink they got so scared they took off in the other direction."
"Oh! Or that time when Al was just sitting there drinking coffee, he just looked up and everyone quietened down, thinking they annoyed him or something." Collin said.
"Or-" travis was cut off by Alex.
"I was thinking more about the time when Collin was almost shot in the ass because he walked into the line of fire and I had to save your sorry ass literally. Or about that time when Travis tripped and almost kissed a guy but I saved you by pulling you but you ungrateful person! You fell on my injuries and ripped a stitch." Alex said, earning a wince from the both.
"Actually what about the time we were being chased by enemies in fighter planes and you were flying the plane with your knees and reading some stupid document, acting so relax like they weren't shooting at us?!" Collin shot back.
"Or the time you leaped into the path of a 200 pound vehicle to save a child."
"Or-"
"Enough. We don't need people to know what I did." Alex said tucking the gun into his waistband.
"But those are very patriotic deeds."
"None of them are." Alex said looking away. Collin and Travis sighed. "Actually we have something else for you."
"Like making sure the plane is flying in the right direction?" Alex asked sarcastically but both pilots panicked. "Dammit you punk." Collin half-heartedly glared after returning from the cockpit.
"No problem." Alex said, playing with his ring. Travis shoved a paper under his nose. "What is this?"
"Read!" Travis exclaimed. Alex's eyes moved as he scanned the paper, getting slightly wider as he got to the end. "No way."
"Yes way. This is the other birthday present! A VIP ticket to a Fall Out Boy concert. This includes a backstage pass and a meet and greet with Fall Out Boy themselves." ((How I wish this happens to me. :( ))
"Thank you." Alex said as Travis slipped the paper into a folder so it doesn't wrinkle and handed it to the boy.
"Who is this Fall Out Boy?" Ian asked.
"It's one of Alex's favourite rock band since he was young." Collin explained.
"Do you wanna go to Singa- You know what? Let's go to Singapore!" Travis announced and headed for the cockpit to change their flight path. K-unit was conversing quietly amongst themselves and Riders were doing the same thing, occasionally glancing at the lovebirds. Yassen was playing with Alex's hair while they talked. "How long have you guys been together?" John asked.
"A few months. Almost half a year." Alex replied.
"I don't approve of this relationship." John said, causing Helen to look at him in shock and then Ian agreed. Helen looked between the both of them, her shock expression morphing into anger. She stood up quickly and stepped between her son and her husband and his brother. Her arms crossed, and her eyes narrowed protectively at her husband and his brother. "How dare the two of you! You!" She hissed angrily, pointing an accusing finger at John. "We have never been there for him for 14- no wait- it's 15 already! He just turned f*ing 16 half an hour ago! We- no!- YOU! Have no f*ing right to object to this relationship! I don't care what you say. If our son is happy with Yassen, we have no right to interfere especially after not being there for him. We can't just suddenly pop up and demand respect from him by using the 'we're your parents' card. Now, you!" John was silent as he stared in shock, his wife never curse! She swung around to point at Ian. "Based on what Alex said, you were always away on missions! I am sure some of the days you would have forgotten he was even there!" Alex tensed when Helen hit a sore spot, Ian had said that once when he was 7. "You have no right either to say anything!" She ranted, Alex stood up and quickly guided her to sit down, saying something to her in a hushed voice, her angry frown turned into a sad look before she looked happy when Alex had called her mum in his sentence without even noticing. She pounced on him and embraced him, scaring him. She started crying and Alex looked at Yassen for help. Yassen gestured for him to hug back. This... Feels nice. It's nice to have a mother.