Chapter 24

Yassen didn't know if he was lucky or not. He had managed to spot the explosive in time to make a run away but he hadn't been fast enough. The force of the explosive was underestimated. He was thrown far away by the shockwave of the blast, causing a few broken bones and fractures, and the fire had burnt him badly in some places. But the burns hadn't been too bad that he might die from it. Yassen forced himself up and waited for when the fire burnt out that he took a few strands of his own hair and placed it on his other Scorpia member. The member was a newbie but the body was charred to an unrecognisable state. The only form of identification was the Scorpia tattoo and the hair that Yassen had left now.
He now has to recuperate and find a way to get back to Alex. He hope that Alex wasn't too upset to not figure out that he might still be alive. What am I thinking, of course Alex would be upset! The word upset is just be an understatement! Yassen reprimanded himself. Now what he has to do was recover as quickly as possible.
It has been officially 7 weeks since he 'died'. He had found out that intelligence agencies around the world has spread the news that the world's best assassin is dead and most were celebrating. So now, the best one was Alex. Yassen doesn't know hope it is not true that Alex has been loaned even more times now to other countries, for missions or assassinations to be done. He was practically like the only thing to keep the countries from fighting with each other. Lend me Alex Rider for this and this, and we will not fight your country. Or lend me Alex rider for this and we will stop this other country from launching a missile at your country. Was what Yassen imagined would be the conversations happening between the heads of the intelligence agencies around the globe. He shut his eyes when he thought of Alex and the possible state he must be in. He hopes Alex wouldn't take out any of his emotions on actual people by killing them heartlessly and without reason. Alex wouldn't do that. Even if he wants to kill, he would kill those that have done something bad... He hope Alex doesn't break down and shatter like glass. Who am I kidding? He was already in a fragile state of mind and you did this to him. It is just as if pointing a gun at him and shooting non-vital spots. It hurts but the pain isn't going to end.

Alex had insisted he was fine when the lung infection had somewhat cleared and MI6 saved him of boredom by pulling him out and sending him on a mission which angered the soldiers to no end. Alex had arrived home with serious injuries that have not yet been treated. He had collapsed in the middle of the living room with Channing whimpering at him and nudging him as if to tell him to stand up. "He isn't coming back is he Channing? Why am I still waiting?" Alex whispered weakly, raising a weak hand to stroke the fur. Channing laid next to Alex, so alex could use him a bolster to hug. "Why am I still waiting?" Alex sobbed out, burying his face into the fur. "He isn't coming back... Why did he do this to me? Why is it always me?"
Alex didn't care when the door opened, he barely moved from his spot. Only moved from the floor to lay on the couch with Channing, the wolf had leaped off the couch and ran to the door to fend off anyone that might harm Alex. The boy was already broken enough that he wouldn't care about any intruders coming in to kill him. Channing relaxed and trotted back to Alex when he saw it was only K-unit. "Cub?" Snake called out but there was no response. The unit looked at each other before rushing after Channing, to see curling up against Alex on the couch.
"Cubbie?" Eagle approached cautiously. "I think he's asleep."
"No." Alex said as his eyes opened. Snake begin fussing about his injuries as he sat up. "Are you okay?" Snake asked worriedly as he glanced up to look at Alex's face. Alex stayed silent as he avoided their eyes. They could all see his eyes were bloodshot from the lack of sleep. Alex stood up to go cook something for k-unit. Channing followed behind, he is never more then 10 steps away from Alex but it is inevitable if Alex is on a mission.

"What's wrong?" Fox asked, eying the brunette turned grey ombré haired boy. The boy still had all his piercings on, he normally took them off once he got home from a mission but clearly, he doesn't care. He even has tattoos for heavens sake. Some real some fake, who knows which ones which. Alex chewed on his food mechanically, staring intently at his food and nowhere else. They waited patiently, hoping he would open up. It might take awhile but they do hope that he speaks.
Alex bit his lips, blinking to stop the tears that threatened to fall. They have finished eating and were lazing around. "He isn't coming back is he?" Alex whispered, k-unit almost jumped suddenly startled by the quiet voice. "I don't know why I... am still waiting for him. I miss him so much." The teen's lip trembled slightly. "It's so painful. I keep feeling like he is still alive you know? But he isn't. It's already been eight weeks but I just can't. I can't deal." Alex bunched up the fabric of his hoodie at where his heart is, bending over as tears streamed down his face. "It's so painful." Alex whimpered as Snake being the closest wrapped his arms around the boy. "Its so suffocating. I feel like dying."
"Don't say such things." Snake chided gently, holding the sobbing boy a little tighter. He isn't going to last long...