Chapter 26

Alex paused for a moment when he walked into his own house. K-unit was acting strange. Alex was about to unstrap the katanas behind his back when he decided he couldn't be stuffed and he needed it for a mission later. His house was just a pit stop. "What's going on?" Alex asked, sounding slightly demanding and authoritative. Eagle 'eep'ed at the glare they received. No matter how long they have been around Alex, the glare still affects them. "Uh... We... I think you should sit down first." Snake said, taking in the few cuts and bruises, but Alex shook his head. Channing nudged Alex, wanting attention. Alex rubbed the wolf behind its ears absently.
"We heard some rumours from friends..." Wolf started, Alex cocked his head to the side to indicate that he wants Wolf to continue.
"Someone spotted Yassen, alive but injured." Alex swore he felt his heart stop, he involuntarily took a sharp breath in.
"So we went to check it out and..." Eagle trailed off, moving to the side. A hooded figure stood behind Eagle and they eased of the hoodie with the grace Alex know all too well. "Little Alex." Alex's heart hammered painfully in his chest at familiarity. He took a step back to steady himself as his feet felt weak suddenly. Wolf nudged Yassen to go to Alex.
Alex's knees gave out and Yassen darted forward to catch the boy. "Shh... It's okay. I'm okay. I'm so sorry." Yassen said gently, pulling the boy in for a hug. Alex was shaking as he sobbed quietly.
"Do you know... How painful it was?" Alex whimpered out in between sobs. "It was so painful... At first I felt numb and I waited. I was hoping you were still alive." Channing strolled away from the couple with K-unit following behind after they realize the wolf had the right idea.

"Now that I have done crying and being an over-emotional child..." Alex said awkwardly, adjusting the katanas slightly.
"Cut it off kid, you needed that few cries." Wolf said, rolling his eyes but he was still internally grateful that Alex had cried some of the stress out. Then he proceeded to lock Alex in a quick headlock and rubbed his knuckles to the kid's head before releasing the boy. "If no one minds me asking. Why is there a wolf in the house?" Yassen asked.
"We wanted to ask that too when we first saw it! But Alex was kinda upset so we kept quiet." Eagle said. "I think he named the wolf after that guy named datum? No. Tatam? No!" Eagle said, forgetting the actor's name.
"It's Tatum, Channing Tatum. For your information, I did not name my wolf after that actor. Channing means young wolf in Irish." Alex pointed out.
"Just tell us why you have a wolf in the house already!" Eagle said eagerly.
"I... After multiple missions, I finally came back home and then I got upset and left again. I was sitting in a secluded area of the park when Channing appeared. He seemed to have sense my suddenly increase in distress because he came over to comfort me. Later he followed me so I decided to just let it come in."
"Sudden increase in distress?" Snake asked, raising an eyebrow. Alex sighed and looked for the wolf. "Come here Channing." Alex hadn't said it loudly. It was like a quiet murmur that sent the wolf barreling from the kitchen to Alex, who rubbed his head. "Look at it... He reminded me so much of Yassen... Icy blue eyes, strong, mysterious." Alex smiled weakly at the wolf before his eyes snapped to the front door. "Channing." Alex said, a silent order already in place. The wolf suddenly had this feral looking grinas it raced through the house and out the backdoor.
"Where's that wolf going?"
"You'll see." Alex said quietly, some of the old glint of amusement they have grown to love looking at returned. Alex padded to the door silently and waited, the others were confused but have long decided not to question the boy. Frantic doorbells were hear soon after. "Alex? Please open the door." A voice called out, slightly shaky and desperate.
"Why? What's wrong?"
"You really want to know? Then you open the damn door."
"I think would like to know of whatever that's making you sound so panicky before I let you in, along with the danger." Alex drawled, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall beside the door.
"F* you and your mindgames! Let us in before we get eaten by that wolf!" The man snapped.
"Us? What did I teach you about being careful with what you say?" Alex asked, his lips tugging into a small smirk. The man groaned.
"Come on Alex. This is a prince and a crown princess's life at stake here. Can you just open this door before it kills either of us?"
"Using your title against me, hmmm, it wouldn't be my fault if you guys died. So your title is invalid in this situation."
"The wolf is going to kill us Al."
"If it was it would have." Alex said, ripping the door open and catching a lady as she stumbled from the suddenly lack of support from the door and the pressure from her soon-to-be-husband pressing her to the door protectively. "Princess Lissa." Alex greeted. The man rushed in and slammed the door rather harshly. "You wanted to kill us!" Alex sighed and looked at the couple before he heard Channing's soft paws padding against carpeted floor. "What makes you think that?" Alex asked tilting his head towards Channing as the wolf appeared next to Alex who patted his head.
"You do know there's a wolf beside you right?"
"Of course I do, prince." The man twitched at the title. He doesn't really like being referred to as prince, he had a name you know. "Then why do you?"
"Long story short it's my pet, Tyler."
"... That's a nice twist." Tyler commented drily as he edged away from the wolf.
"As expected from my favourite assassin." Lissa said with a outstretched fist for a fist bump.
"Not very princess like, Lissa." Alex commented as their fist connected. The woman pished at him, waving him off before looking around the room. "Introduce us, dearest." Lissa said, gesturing to the group of men staring at them. Alex introduced them all to each other then turned back to Lissa as he ushered them all to the living room. "How's your sister, Lissa?"
"Oh you know, the usual. She was looking for you, she wanted me to hang onto this just in case I ever bump into you." Lissa said, digging into her handbag and pulled out a folded piece of paper before handing it to Alex. The boy sat at the ground cross legged with Yassen beside him. The rest of K-unit was sprawled around the room but close enough to be in sight and in hearing distance. Alex read the note before folding it back carefully.
"That... Was a little overboard."
"What did she say this time? She proposed? You do know how in love with you she think she is." Lissa joked.
"Actually... She did."