Chapter 21

Alex hadn't cried, he hadn't cried over Yassen. He has been gone for almost four weeks. During that four weeks, Alex has pushed all his memories away and to the back of his mind. He focused only on the missions. Going on mission after mission. Country to country. He has literally been around the world 4 times already in his career. His job was well paying so he need not worry when it comes to having to work out accommodations during missions. He can be in the best of the best hotels if he wanted to. He had cars in many countries, either from friends/partners/acquaintances or they were from his own money. He was loaned to many countries, he was practically the liaison between Great Britain and the other countries. He has done more assassinations during the span of 4 weeks than he has done in the past year.
The heads finally forced him to take a break by saying there was no more mission now that needs his expertise. Alex purposely took his time when he was getting home, stopping at random shops to buy something to eat. In the end, he ended up home too soon for his liking. He hesitantly entered the house and shut the door quietly behind him. He squeezed his eyes shut when everywhere he looked has a memory of Yassen. Yassen cooking, Yassen pinning him to the wall for a kiss, Yassen smirking at him, Yassen holding him when he was crying. His head spun and he was feeling light headed. He quickly turned and went out the door, not wanting to deal with the traumatic memories. The memories hurt more than the memories of being tortured. It was so painful he had thought about dying. His skin crawled and he instinctively reached under his jacket to claw at the skin of his arms. He had scratched till it was red and streaks of blood appeared. Alex sat in a secluded area in the park, hiding at the base of the tree's shadow. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes but they just wouldn't fall. The snow fell slowly and gently, collecting in his hair.
Alex froze when he heard the bush rustle, his hand flew to his gun as he readied himself. Out stepped a beautiful creature. A wolf. The animal has magnificent grey fur, different shades of grey, and icy blue eyes. Alex almost wanted to cry out when that wolf reminded him so much of Yassen. The wolf seems to sense Alex's distress as it approached slowly and carefully, as if trying to show he wasn't going to harm Alex. The wolf nuzzled into Alex, the action was clearly trying to comfort him. Alex gently wrapped his arms around the wolf and it climbed onto Alex's lap to make Alex more comfortable when hugging. Alex noticed it started getting dark so he got up to go back home. The wolf followed him soundlessly. Alex glance back at it. It seem to be content following Alex around and becoming some sort of a pet. Alex smiled weakly at it before opening his door and holding it open for the wolf. The wolf trotted happily into the house, followed by a slightly amused Alex. A wild wolf that is willing to become a pet.
Alex looked into the fridge and found new groceries with a note in the fridge from K-unit. They have expressed their worry about not seeing him for so long and that they have replenished the groceries for when he gets home. Alex wasn't sure what the wolf eats but the wolf was already eying the steak. Alex carefully took it out of the packaging and placed it on the plate then on the ground. The wolf looked at it before looking back up at Alex, making said boy frown. The wolf then looked at the fridge intently then back at Alex. Alex blinked in realisation when he got what the wolf meant. He was waiting for Alex to cook up his own share so they could eat together. Alex pulled out another steak and looked at the wolf who looked like it was beaming in approval. He cooked it to medium rare, digging into his pantry to find a packet of gravy that could be heated in the microwave.
He sat down at the table and the wolf had pushed his own plate out to sit next to the dining table near Alex. They finished their steak at almost the same time, the wolf had purposely slowed to match Alex's speed. Alex washed the plates and set them on the drying rack before moving up to his room, the wolf in tow. Alex showered and the wolf sat outside as if guarding the door. When Alex climbed into the bed, clad in black pants and a Fall Out Boy band shirt, the wolf laid next to the bed and listened carefully to make sure Alex was asleep before falling asleep itself.