Chapter 27

Alex held his palm out with a shiny diamond ring resting on it. The ring was enclosed in the folded piece of paper and it fit nicely. Lissa and Tyler gasped, while K-unit burst out laughing. Eagle fell off his chair and was rolling around with Fox. Yassen just shook his head in amusement. Alex frowned at them before he slot the ring onto his fingers, trying each one of them and was carefully avoiding his left ring finger. The ring slid right off his fingers easily.
"It doesn't even fit my fingers, not even my thumb." Alex said as he raised his hand to show them, only to have the ring almost slide off again. Alex took Channing's paw and gently eased it on. "It fits Channing." Alex declared before pulling it off. "This is clearly a girl's ring, what is she thinking?" Alex held out his beautiful elegant hand to show the ring resting on his index finger.
"If I hadn't know better, I would have thought that was a girl's hand." Tyler commented, causing Alex to throw him a playful glare.
"What the hell am I suppose to do? She's not going to take my rejections anyways. I'm gay for God's sake!" Alex grumbled. Tyler and Lissa looked at him in shock before they started laughing, pressing against each other for support. "That would be the evilest thing to tell her! Oh my gosh! We had thought you were asexual because you weren't attracted to either girls or guys but she refused to admit it. I'm going to call her to tell her you come out the closet!" Lissa declared, looking for her phone. Alex was taking a picture of the ring on his finger and sending it to Lissa's sister saying it was a girl's ring and it was far too big.
"What the hell! Alex just sent me a photo of the ring saying it was too big!" A girl exclaimed once the phone connected and was on speaker, loud and clear. "We told you and it's a girl's ring you gave him, Gab."Lissa said, using her nickname for her sister.
"Hmpft! Is Alex with you?"
"Just before you have a chat with our pretty assassin, you need to know something." Lissa said, biting her lips to stifle her laugh.
"What?!"
"He's gay." There was silence on the other side of the line before a loud screech of 'WHAT?!' could be hear. "Shut up! Don't f* with me."
"Language, princess Gabrielle." Alex chided lightly.
"Al! Thank goodness! Tell Lissa to stop joking around!" Gabrielle said.
"She... Isn't joking around." Alex admitted. The other side was silent again before they heard two thuds.
"I guess she fainted." Alex concluded with a shrug, making Tyler and Lissa laugh. Eagle leaned on the two front legs as he tried to get closer. "Soooo.... How did you meet them? Are they really royal?"
"I worked for their father and yes,they are royal." Alex answered, not giving out extra information everyone was hoping for.
"Why are you working for their father and what did you do?"
"Can I tell them about the dining table incident?" Tyler asked Alex, grinning as he recounted the event. Alex sighed and shrugged, signifying that he doesn't care. Tyler cleared his throat to add to the dramatics, making Alex and Lissa look at each other in exasperation. "Geez! Let me tell the story!" Lissa said, shoving Tyler away but he shoved right back.
"Alex was there eating lunch with us when someone tried to attack us." Tyler started before he was shoved away.
"Then he was so fast! He had the guy pinned to the table-" Lissa got shoved.
"With a spoon's tip pressed to the guy's eye!" Lissa shoved Tyler as roughly as her strength allow.
"He threatened to gouge out the guy's eyes with a spoon if the guy didn't tell Alex who sent him!" Tyler finished, smiling triumphantly.
"It was a spoon, useful if used right." Alex inserted his five cents into the story, shrugging.
"So you were there for?" Eagle asked slowly, still not getting it.
"Assassination and making the sure the princesses are safe." Alex stated quietly, glancing at his phone. "So why are you guys here?" Alex asked the two royals.
"We have personally come to hand you this." Lissa said, whipping out an envelope. Alex reached for it and gently eased it open. "A wedding... Congratulations."
"Thanks."
"Want me to be security?"
"We would appreciate that." Tyler said.
"Hmm... I could pull up a team." Alex said absently as he placed the invitation on the TV console. Lissa dug out 2 identical tubes from her bag, holding it up for Alex to see. "No way." Lissa grinned and one of the tube was sent flying towards him which he caught with one hand. He eased it open and took in the words on the scroll. It was meant to look like those in Naruto, an anime both him and the princess was quite fond of. "It took me a while but I managed to find someone who could make one of this things. Only two of this in the world. I wrote in that one. You know when to use it. As for this one..." Lissa chucked the second scroll towards Alex.
Alex rolled up the one he opened and tucked it into his many pockets. It was small enough to be concealed nicely. The words were a code that only him and the princess. Alex stood and told them to wait for a bit. He came back five minutes later, the scroll and a bag in hand. "This is your wedding gift." Alex said, dropping the bag onto Tyler's lap before leaning down to Lissa whilst holding out the scroll. They both held the scroll while Alex spoke to her quietly, instructing her when to use the scroll. Alex released the scroll and helped her up. He sent them to their car to make sure they were safe before heading back into the house. K-unit had excused themselves with a random excuse before leaving the house as to give the couple some privacy. Channing padded into the room as well.
Yassen looked at Alex who was studying him as well. He moved and like last time, Alex started backing away. I hope this last.