Chapter 10

Yassen slipped into Alex's house quietly, having heard that Alex was back. He found said boy standing in the middle of the living room reading a book, seeming as if he has paused mid walk and decided to just read the book instead. Yassen walked in amusement as Alex seem to tense up even more and he looked up from his book, in favour of taking in his surroundings. He look like he has deemed that there was nothing around but he still hasn't let his guard down down yet and Yassen was proud of that. Alex returned to his reading and begin walking towards his office. Yassen waited to see where else he would be heading or if he would be staying in his office. The teen walked out of the office carrying a backpack on one shoulder and a laptop bag balanced on the same shoulder whilst still reading, making him tilt his shoulder that was supporting both bags up to ensure they don't slip off his shoulder. One of Alex's hand was fumbling with the buckle of the bag to make the bag strap longer. He finally decided to keep the book once he reached the living room and turned sharply with his book in hand, heading for the door. Yassen stepped out from his hiding spot and was almost behind Alex when he struck, thinking Yassen was an attacker. Yassen managed to block that blow to the face in the millisecond he had left, moments before the brutal impact. He had to avoid another blow that he almost didn't notice. Somehow, he managed to pin Alex to the wall.
Alex struggled with the mysterious person, trying to break free. Until he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. Yassen. Alex's struggles lessened until he was slack against the wall, with Yassen supporting half the weight by pressing him to the wall. Alex blinked, what is Yassen doing here? Alex didn't have time to question the assassin as his lips were attacked by the other party's. Yassen was looking at him with half lidded unreadable eyes as he kissed the smaller male. Alex kissed back before they separated. "What are you doing here?" Alex asked quietly.
"I came to see my boyfriend, is that a sin?" Yassen asked innocently.
"It is when you're sneaking around." Alex answered playfully, smiling at the assassin, although said man could tell that the teen wasn't really happy. But with what though? Yassen pulled Alex into the kitchen to make him a cup of hot chocolate. Alex sat on the work table contently as he watched Yassen work on the drinks. His mind started to drift and he didn't even notice when Yassen was finished and is looking at him with a questioning face just merely inches away. Alex jerked back when he noticed Yassen's face that close.
"What are you thinking about?"
"... Nothing much."
"It is much when you are so distracted that you didn't even notice me when I'm so close. What if I'm someone who wants to kill you?" Yassen asked, worry lacing his voice, as he handed Alex his cup of hot chocolate. Alex looked at Yassen as he took his cup and looked down at the chocolate. Yassen took a drink as he waited for Alex to reply but when all he did was stare at the cup with a frown, he set his cup down and raised his hand to caress his boyfriend's cheek. Alex looked at Yassen with sad hooded eyes but he cracked a small grim smile before looking back down at the cup. Yassen grasp Alex's chin gently to make him look up. 
"What's wrong?" Yassen asked again. Alex sighed and set his cup down before jumping down from the workbench to lean on it. He reached over to grab Yassen's beautiful and elegant hand. Yassen relaxed his hand to let Alex play with his fingers. Alex caressed Yassen's large calloused hand, pulling his fingers apart and then pushing them together so he can grab it with one hand, very much like a small child. The assassin raised his other hand to pat Alex's head and to comfort him about whatever that was troubling him.
Yassen could see tears was welling up in Alex's eyes when he looked up. Yassen wordlessly pulled Alex in for an embrace. Alex sniffed and rubbed furiously at his eyes, his tears had stopped flowing as quickly as it came and it stayed welling up in his eyes. He blinked, trying to stop the tears from flowing. "It's okay to cry, Al." Yassen whispered as he rubbed his back in a soothing circular motion. Alex bit his lip as he buried his face into Yassen's shoulder nearing his neck. Yassen felt as Alex's body shook and quiet sobs emitted from him. Alex opened his mouth, trying to say something but he can't get his breathing back, gasping between a few words. "I, I... Saw them... But... They didn't... Acknowledge me... Even though they saw... Me." Alex gasped out. Yassen pulled Alex in closer, understanding why the boy was falling apart. "I can't... Deal." Alex whispered bunching up Yassen's jacket. Yassen just held Alex, not saying a word, knowing the boy doesn't need it but he just needs to know that Yassen himself was there.
Alex was feeling so sick and so tired yet he can't breathe and is putting all his strength into breathing. His legs felt so weak and like it couldn't support his entire weight. His bullet wound near his heart tightened and his new wounds were agitated. Alex's leg buckled and Yassen instinctively closed his arms firmly around him to hold onto him. Yassen shifted to pick up the boy bridal style and quickly sat him down on the couch. He kneeled beside him and gently commanded him to breathe slowly. He noticed Yassen was holding his hand really tightly. The boy did try and he managed to get his breathing down to a ragged state before he fainted. Yassen took a deep breath in, attempting to calm himself. He checked Alex's pulse. His heartbeat was slowing down from its rapid beating. That's better. Yassen scooped the boy up and brought him to his room and tucked him in. Yassen sat down beside his bed to guard and look after him.
I'm going to make sure John and his family does not come near Alex. If they do come and claim to want to be Alex's family... I think I'll wait to see if Alex is going to handle it. Alex can handle himself, he would want to handle it himself first. John and his family has made Alex suffered long enough.