Chapter 22

Alex was lazying around the house for the past week, the wolf still following him every step he went. The funny thing was, neither of them actually tripped over each other and both seem to know when either was going to move and where they were moving to. It was like him and Yassen. They worked so well together, they would be the deadliest duo if they were to go on a mission/assignment/assassination together. Alex couldn't sleep for a long time, hasn't been able to sleep well since Yassen died. "I should name you." Alex said quietly to the wolf, stroking its soft clean fur. Alex had ran a bath and without communicating. The wolf somehow knew the bath was for it because it easily stepped over the edge of the tub before Alex helped its hind legs in by giving him a gently push. "You remind me so much of Yassen." Alex whispered. The wolf moved to lay it's head on Alex's lap. "What if you're actually him..." Alex peered at his phone that lit up and sighed. "I need to go out." Alex stood up and begin to gather his belongings. He had bought food for the wolf and the wolf is smart enough that it had proved it was capable of getting to the food itself. Alex bent down at the door to post the wolf. "Do you like the name Channing? It means young wolf in Irish." Alex explained the name and the Wolf looked like it nodded its approval, rubbing its head into Alex's cold hands. Channing always sat on his hands to try warm them up but they never do, Alex's hands has been ice cold ever since he heard Yassen died. It was like a part of him break into a million pieces before the cracks started moving to the other parts of him, shattering him slowly. His world had came crashing down on him.

Alex grunted as his back hit the wall harshly, his head snapping back hard against the wall. It made him dizzy but he managed to shift to dodge the blow to his head. His cover had been blown and now he was fighting the guards to get out. He was already badly wounded and the blood loss was getting to him. They had fractured two of his ribs and dislocated an arm that he had to pop back. He was surprise he hasn't passed out from the pain but he was sure it was because of the adrenaline. Can't die. If I do... No one is going to take care of Channing. Alex thought to himself as his determination to survive increased. Channing was always clinging onto him like he was clinging onto Channing. He hadn't seen the knife until it was too late. The knife had taken a swipe at his neck and the next thing he knew, he hit the ground choking on his own blood as a few gunshots rang out and the guards crumpled before him. A blurry face appeared in front of his as frantic shouts that Alex couldn't understand was heard. The figure was clad in uniform with a gun slung behind his back, he was pressing cloth to Alex's neck to stemmed the blood that was gushing out. "Come on kid." The soldier urged the boy to stay with him as they tried to transport him to the hospital ASAP. Alex felt so lightheaded and his vision darkened around the edges, everything blurred together. 

Alex's eyes fluttered open, only to be blinded by the bright white lights. He blinked to adjust to his surroundings, the steady beeping of the heart monitor. Alex reached for the button to call for a doctor. The doctor had made him stay for a few days before they had reluctantly released him when MI6 came. The hospital was full of agents and soldiers so MI6 had authority to ask St. Dominic's hospital to discharge any of them.
The approved doctors and nurses had fussed over him as he was being discharged. They made sure to remind him multiple times to change the bandages and not to overexert himself. They had all seen how worn out the teen was, any longer he would die. He would either die from too much stress to the heart, causing heart failure or he would die of suicide - either one was pretty plausible. If he was to suffer long term, it would be from depression or any sort of mental disorder that relates to trauma and stress. None of them wants the teen in this dirty work but the teen either doesn't want to stop or he doesn't have a choice.

"Channing." The wolf had almost tackled him to the ground when he opened the door if the wolf hadn't smelt the blood and skidded to a halt. Literally. Channing was looking at him worriedly, Alex ruffled its fur before checking to see if Channing was eating. He had been gone for a week, meaning Yassen has died for 6 weeks already. Stop thinking about him! Alex snapped at himself. Channing kept a close eye on Alex to make sure the boy changed the bandages once they got bloody for the next few days, nearing a week. Alex had gone out one day to buy groceries and came home all drenched from the heavily pouring rain. Channing had came running with a towel he pulled from the toilet rack and thrown it at the boy, indicating for him to dry himself. "You're so concern of my health. Why... Why are you acting so much like him?" Alex whispered to the grey wolf. Alex went to take a shower before he fell asleep with Channing guarding him like usual.