Chapter 13

"Don't play with knives!" Alex swirled around, trying to keep his emotions in check. "Who are you to tell me what to do?" Alex sneered, directing the question at his so-called father, causing him to open and close his mouth like a fish out of water. Helen and Ian gasped at Alex's behaviour. "What did I teach you young man?" Ian asked. Alex turned around, a dangerous look playing on his face. "You really know? You taught me scuba diving, mountain climbing, French, German, Japanese, canoeing. A few of life skills. I don't recall anything about manners." Alex said, his voice dripping with bitterness and a tinge of British accent that Yassen knew he put on purposely, knowing Alex speaks without an accent. "K-unit lets go. Help me up." Both Eagle and Fox laced their hands together, palm up, for Alex to step on. Alex was pushed up and he braced himself to break through one of the ceiling panel. He latched on the edge and pulled himself up. He swung around and reached his hand out to pull Yassen up and started moving down to see which way they could take while Yassen pulled someone else up and followed Alex.
"I have a car parked nearby, we should be able to get to the car. But some of you will have to squish a bit, it's a 8 seater, not 9." Alex said as he signalled for them to stop. "Give me 1 minute." Alex said as he opened a panel and peeked down. He dropped down from the vent and snuck up to the guard before slipping his hands to the guard's neck and giving it a quick twist, efficiently breaking his neck. Alex gently lowered the body so it doesn't make too much noise. He searched the body for all the weapons before signalling the rest to come down. He palmed the knives to Yassen and the guns to K-unit. "What about us?" John asked.
"I thought you guys retired? Shouldn't you just leave this to those still on active duty?" Alex asked and turned away and started moving, making them stop at a corner. The guards walked past them and Alex slipped behind them and slit their throats with both his knives. Helen gasped at the pure brutality of the act. Alex searched their bodies before handing the three unarmed people in their group. "You know how to use this right?" Alex asked softly, Helen had involuntarily taken a step back when Alex approached her. Her eyes welled up with tears as she looked at Alex. "Are you really Alex?"
"... Yes." Alex said still holding out the gun. "Protect yourself." Alex whispered only for her to hear as he helped her hold the gun properly because her hands were shaking. Alex gestured for them to keep moving. They made it to the car with Alex doing all the work for them. Alex jumped into the driver seat and Wolf glared, making sure none of the rest objected and Yassen got shotguns. Alex zigzagged a little when they started shooting. "Damn bulletproof windows." Alex mumbled as the bullets embedded the window and left a spidery crack effect, resulting in him not being able to see much.
"Wanna see a stunt?" Alex asked, looking at the rearview mirror at k-unit. Eagle's face lit up in excitement. "Coming from a stunt driver." Alex ended and pulled the brakes, causing the car to drift a 180 degrees. He released the brakes and shifted the gear into reverse in a fluid motion and backed into an empty lot neatly, not hitting the cars on either side. The cars chasing them zoomed past them a few seconds later. "What the hell just happened?"
"I just manage to shake off half of them." Alex said as he hit the speaker button to turn on the audio. Alex's eyes lit up when he realise it was his favourite type of music. Rock// punk rock. ((My favourite too!!!)) Alex pulled out from the lot and sped down the road and filtered into the highway. Alex was clearly enjoying himself and the music made it better. Alex looked up at the rearview mirror when he heard police sirens. A police on motorcycle drove beside his Audi signalling for him to stop but their pursuers are closing in. Alex pulled out a badge and flashed it at the police from the open window. The police looked surprise before he saluted and gestured for the other police officer to get on the other side and started clearing the road for them. "Ah, the perks." Alex said with a smirk. "Take the wheel Yassen, I'll control the speed." Alex said and let go as Yassen leaned over to keep the car straight. Alex pulled out his phone and was tapping on the screen furiously before he dropped it into the cup holder. "Get it ready." Alex said and he received an affirmative before the line was cut.
"Get what ready?" Snake asked.
"You'll see." Alex said mysteriously as he swerved into a strip of road leading to... An airport? Alex sped up and they were being shot at. Alex pulled the brakes and drifted another 180 degrees, releasing the brakes and shifting into reverse. Why the f* is he driving in reverse?! Alex grabbed the gun in Yassen's lap and shot at the window to shatter it, earning a scream from Helen. Alex pointed the gun at their pursuer and fired two shots. The pursers swerved out of control and Alex reversed up a ramp of a moving plane, getting the car in just in time as the ramp starting closing and the plane lifted off the ground. Alex got out of the car and gestured for them to follow, he led them up the stairs and into a luxurious space. Leather couches, a bar and entertainment, etc.
"Welcome aboard. This is your captain speaking. I trust you'll sit back and enjoy the ride. Oh and Alex, you. You know where the first aid kit is, young man. I better see you dressing your wounds when I get out of this cockpit or else."
"What?"
"I'll make sure you don't get your birthday present. Oh right. Happy birthday, it's 12 am."
"I can live without those presents. What a nice way to start my birthday." Alex said dryly as he yanked out the kit. Yassen took it from him and helped him dress his wounds. "Happy birthday." Yassen said and leaned in to kiss Alex. The two pilot walked out of the cockpit just when Alex and Yassen started kissing. "Don't move! Let me get my camera!" One of them had exclaimed and the two assassins jumped apart, earning a groan from that pilot.
"You! Aren't you Gregorovich?" The other asked suspiciously.
"Oh why don't you look at that? You're famous Yassen." Alex joked.
"More like infamous." Yassen replied.
"Don't look at us like that Alex. We support gay rights." The pilots said.
"Okay..." Alex said. How many times do we have to go through this?!