Chapter 3

“I can’t imagine spending one night with her, let alone all summer with her. She’s gotten on my nerves already,” I complained about the French girl, who apparently was in the Triwizard tournament. Ron said that her name was Fleur, but I don’t remember much from fourth year. Just that Cedric had died.

That year was the worst for Kamrynn, seeing that Cedric was her brother. She hasn’t been exactly the same since. Neither has her father, who had been in a serious depression, which resulted in a stay at St. Mongo’s. Kam told me that he had tried to off himself over the summer. He was still in treatment, which meant that she was staying with the Weasley’s. They were the only people that she knew that would take her in, besides my mum and Lupin, but she didn’t want to impose.

“I’m in counseling too,” Kam told me when we went to her’s and Ginny’s room, alone. “Dad really scared me when I came home from visiting Ron in the beginning of the summer. I found him like that. I just don’t understand, Court,” she sighed. “I don’t understand why he’s so hung up over Ced’s death when he has me. I know that he was his golden boy, but aren’t I his golden girl?”

She started sniffling, so I put my arm around her and lifted up her chin so she would look at me properly. “You are his golden girl, Kam. You just need to give him some more time. We all grieve at our own pace. Perhaps Amos just needs a little while longer. Just give him some more time. He loves you.”

She nodded. “I know. Thanks, Court.”

I sighed as she stood and exited the room for the loo. I knew that she hated crying and would want to make it look like she hadn’t been doing that, especially with Ron in the house. You see, Kamrynn had a major thing for Ron. I wouldn’t have a way of knowing if he felt the same way because she asked me not to do any investigating. She wants to be the one to tell him herself. When will that happen? She’s been saying it since third year when she first realized that she liked him. Ron doesn’t really show his feelings like that. It’s hard to tell who he likes. Sometimes I think he likes Hermione because of the way he sticks up for her. Sometimes I think he likes Kamrynn because he’ll listen to every word that she says, but those things could be just because he’s a gentleman. Although, I will say that he’s never done either one for me.

“Courtney?” called Ginny as she came into her room. “When did you get here?”

I shrugged. “Maybe about a half an hour ago. Where have you been?” I asked as she pulled me into hug.

“Degnoming the garden with Fred and George. We really let them have their way this summer. It’s gotten out of control, and so have the gnomes. See,” she showed me a nice size cut on her pointer finger. “One bit me. So, I bat-boogey hexed it to smithereens!”

I laughed as I spotted a boy with glasses coming through the door. “Harry! Glad to see that you’re here as well. Did you stay here all summer?” I asked as I walked over and gave him a hug.

He nodded. “Just about. Are you staying tonight?”

“No. We’re just here for dinner, but I’ll see you in the morning bright and early if we’re going to catch the Express,” I winked as a popping noise made me jump.

“Courtney!” called one twin in one ear.

“How we’ve missed you!” called the other in my other ear.

I turned to my right and hugged George tightly. I looked up at him because he towered over me know. Either he had been growing again or he took another growth potion. I wouldn’t out it past him to do such a thing. He’s done it before! I then turned to my right to see Fred. He hugged me slowly and awkwardly. We dated briefly last year is why. Right before he and George took off after taking care of Umbridge, which I highly approved of. I hadn’t seen him since.