Chapter 6

“I saw you do it,” I smirked at him.

It had been two weeks since school has started, and we had only met this one time because Professor Binns made sure of it. It had been two weeks since we properly talked since he started arriving early and sitting at the other side of the classroom. We were supposed to have something to turn in last week, but we didn’t. So, we had to meet on a Saturday afternoon because of his wanting not to meet. I mean, I was all for not meeting, but it was for a grade. I had to suck it up and do it.

“Saw me do what, Flint?” he asked, his sexy smirk appearing on his handsome face not for the last time.

My smirk then turned into a smile. “I saw you keep the picture.”

His eyes dropped down to the paper that I was supposed to be taking notes on, only the thing was that we hadn’t actually done any work. We had been sitting there pretty much in silence while I would read ‘Great Leaders of the Goblin Rebellion’ aloud for both of our benefit. I had stopped reading when I noticed that he wasn’t paying any attention. He had been looking out the window, looking distant until I had said something. His grey eyes then found me, making my heart flutter in a way that he would never imagine it would.

“What picture?” his eyes didn’t travel back up to mine, but instead went back out the window, watching the rain hit the pane.

I placed my hands down on the table that was between us, knowing that I was defeated. He would never admit to keeping the picture, no matter how much I bothered him. It just wouldn’t be worth it. He would admit it in his own time. I remember that from our childhood. He was always so damn stubborn. It actually got annoying sometimes.

“We should get back to work, Draco,” I said softly, pushing the notebook towards him. “Do something useful and take notes while I read. Okay?”

He looked at me oddly before shoving the notebook back to me. “Why do I have to take notes, Flint? What are you going to be doing on this project? Nothing is what it looks like to me.”

I sighed. “We have to have something to turn into Binns on Monday. Why don’t you read aloud, and I’ll take the notes. Sound better to you?”

He took the book right out from under my elbows, which frightened me a bit. “That sounds much better. I can’t be the one doing the work on this project. I don’t have the time for it anyway,” he then stopped with his rambling as he looked at me with a lopsided grin. “Courtney…?”

I shook my head. “Whatever it is the answer is no.”

“I don’t get that a lot.”

“Get what?”

“Girls don’t say no to me. Not ever,” his sexy smirk was back.

I rolled my eyes, which I hadn’t done in a while. “Well, stick with me, and it won’t be the first time. Now, let’s get start-“

“I want to tell you my idea first,” he interrupted me and put the book down on the table. “I think that you should do all the report. I’m not good at stringing words together. You should know that of all people.”

I nodded. “But we’re supposed to do all the work together, Malfoy. It’s not a negotiation on which part of the project that you have to do. Binns said that we had to work on this together. You know the report has to be turned in by the end of term, right? Then we have to start on-“

“The presentation part. Right,” he nodded, pushing the book more my direction. “I could work on that part ,and you could write the report. Easy, right?”

I shook my head. “No, Draco. That’s not happening. Both of our handwriting has to be on here to prove that we worked together. That’s what Binns had said, remember? Why don’t you just take notes so that way that part will be finished? I’ll finish the notes and put the report together. Then we can figure out the rest from there, but for right now, we have to work together or we’re in trouble. Do you hear me? I don’t care how precious your time is, Dr-“