Chapter 41

The next morning when I got down to the common room, there was a huge group of people over at the bulletin board just making a racket. I stopped right in my tracks and stared at them all. I smirked as I imagined them all as a school of fish with their eyes on one thing. That’s actually how they were all the time now that I think about it. Kam broke off from the group and rushed over to me.

“Guess what?” she squealed.

I shrugged. “A man has came and hypnotized the whole Gryffindor population, and we’re the only sane ones left?” I said, laughing at the still huge crowd at the board.

She shook her head. “No, silly! The Ministry is going to come here and teach sixth and seventh years how to apperate. Can you believe that? I don’t think they’ve ever done this before. My dad told me before that you had to go into the Ministry and learn there, but we’re having the class brought to us! I’m so excited! Sign up for the same class as me, alright?” she then pulled me towards the group of people, where we were swallowed whole and pushed to the front. “I think we should go for Saturday nights. What do you think?”

I shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me.”

All I could think about was how Snape was actually able to get the Ministry to do this. I really wasn’t worth all of this fuss. He was going above and beyond to keep me safe at his own accord. It really wasn’t fair to him, and I was going to make that known the first chance that I got.

“Saturday it is!” she smirked, writing our names down on the slots for Saturday. “Don’t forget to bring your five galleons to the first meeting because that’s how much it costs.”

I nodded. “I won’t. Hey, I’ll see you at breakfast. I have to be somewhere beforehand.”

She waved me off as I exited through the portrait hole. I was headed straight for the dungeons where I figured Snape would be in his office this early in the morning before trotting off to breakfast. I didn’t make it there though. I had been pulled from behind with a hand covering my mouth because I was about to scream. With what had been going on the week before, I wasn’t about to let something else bad happen to me. When I was pulled behind a set of stairs, I was starting to freak out, so I bit the hand that was covering my mouth.

“Bloody hell, Courtney!” screamed an all too familiar voice. “What was that for?”

I turned to him and put my arms around his neck. “Draco, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know it was you. Besides, why would you grab me like that? That’s grounds for sexual harassment. You know that?”

“Look, I’m sorry, but I needed to see you,” he sighed. “I’m becoming a complete head case because we’re not together.”

I crossed my arms over my chest after pulling away from him. “What about the first time? You didn’t look like a complete nutter to me when I saw you at that Christmas party.”

“I couldn’t look like a complete nutter in front of all those people, now could I? I mean, for Merlin’s Sake, He was watching me. I can’t let him onto who you are, Courtney. If he knew, then I wouldn’t know I would do,” he paused, softening his tone, “if I lost you.”

I sighed because he might’ve already knew right at that moment, but I couldn’t tell Draco that. It would be the final push to him becoming a basket case, and I couldn’t let that happen to him. “I love you,” I whispered, giving him a peck on the lips. “We’ll get through this. Don’t worry.”

He nodded. “I sure hope that you’re right.”

I smirked. “I’m always right.”

“Since when might I ask?” he smirked, putting his arms around me.