Chapter 49

A/N: I know! Two chapters in one day? Unreal.This one may make you cry, but not as much as the last chapter. Enjoy! Comment, Vote, & Love! <3

When I got down the flights of stairs from the Gryffindor tower, I wasn’t expecting to see a full blown out war. There were people that I recognized and some that I could out right tell that were Deatheaters. I had stopped at the bottom of the flight of steps, which caused Kam to run into me from behind. I was a tad shocked at first, but it didn’t take long for me to recover when a spell was aimed directly at me.

“Pretego!” I yelled and shielded myself and Kam, who was still behind me.

“Shit! That was close,” Kam yelled in my ear.

“We need to split up. We can cover more ground that way,” I told her and she nodded.

She headed in the direction that was towards Dumbledore’s office, and I took a second to think. Would there be someplace else that Dumbledore would take Harry? He had said that they were leaving the school grounds, but there is no apparating within the castle grounds. The easiest place by far to release the concealment spell upon the castle would be…the Astronomy tower.

That’s where Draco was.

My heart knew it.

I broke out in a run and ducked around some approaching wizards. My heart was in overdrive, and I wasn’t thinking straight. Draco was clouding my thoughts. I was about to cry. My breath was caught in my throat. I had butterflies in my stomach. It was real, and I was caught in the middle of it. Draco was off trying to murder Dumbledore. I know in his heart he doesn’t believe that he can actually do it, just as I do, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

 I saw the entrance to the Astronomy tower and bolted for it, not paying any attention to where I was going. If I would’ve been paying attention, I wouldn’t have gotten caught by my arm and slammed up against the wall. I didn’t know who it was, but he didn’t seem like anyone that I should be around as a growl escaped from his throat.

“Pretty girl,” he snarled. “Pretty little Gryffindor girl.”

I screamed.

It was a late reaction, but I didn’t believe that the man who had grabbed me would’ve been that dangerous to me. I was wrong, dead wrong. There was something…different about that man. He drove fear into parts of my body that I didn’t know I could feel. His eyes had something in them that I couldn’t really tell what it was. Blood lust perhaps?

“What are you doing out here pretty Gryffindor? You know it isn’t safe,” he smirked as he chuckled. “It isn’t safe unless you don’t want to keep your throat…and what a delicious throat you have,” his breath was warm on my neck.

I didn’t know what to do. My wand was pinned to my side along with my hands. I could kick him, but then he seemed to have the advantage. What on Earth was I supposed to do? I was pinned, and there was nothing for me to do.

I was going to fail Draco.

His soul would be torn apart.

And it would be all my fault.

“Fenrir,” came a deep voice. “After you’re done playing with your food, you might want to come up to the Astronomy tower for the show. Draco has Dumbledore, but I don’t expect him to make it out alive. It’ll be spectacular.”

“Yeah, yeah, Amycus,” the man growled against my throat.

That’s when I realized who he was. He was Fenrir Greyback, the werewolf. Hermione told me about him from the Daily Prophet a little while after I had said my good-bye to Draco. Fenrir was a werewolf who had gotten the taste for human flesh without the full transformation. I gulped down the fear that was coming up my throat. It was about to end. I was going to be killed by a werewolf.