Chapter 33

It took Fred almost two weeks to respond to my letter, which I found a little weird. If he claimed that he was in love with me, then why such a long wait to respond? Draco wouldn’t do anything with me unless I was officially broken up with Fred, which I can see his point, but I needed him to kiss me at least. We would just sit and talk in the Astronomy tower or in the Room of Requirement where he was fixing a vanishing cabinet. I didn’t ask why he was fixing it or who wrote the instructions out on the side of the manual, although the handwriting did look familiar. Back to Fred’s letter though, I couldn’t read it when I had actually received it, and it was all Kam’s fault.

“Don’t read it now,” she said and stole it from me. “You don’t want to have a guilty conscience today. I mean, we do play against Ravenclaw today, and we need your brain because we all know they’re super smart. My badass chaser skills won’t be enough if you don’t injure at least one of them,” she then smirked. “You should totally go for Chang.”

“I’ll try my best,” I said, but my stomach was in knots. It was killing me not knowing what Fred and written and it was just right there in my reach.

Kam saw my look and tucked the letter into her bag. “Come on, we have to head down to the pitch.”

I followed her out of the Great Hall where we found Draco and Blaise standing. I just wanted to grab him and kiss him. I needed it for luck, but we still had to keep our relationship a secret. Plus, he was refusing to kiss me as I mentioned before. I did receive a smile and a good luck. Kam received a hug and the best of luck. We then linked arms and headed to the Quidditch pitch. I turned back for one last look at Draco, who was watching me walk away.

“Listen up guys,” Harry said after our practicing was over. “I don’t need to tell you that we need to beat Ravenclaw. You already know that we need to just as you know that we will beat them. We’re Gryffindor, and we don’t need to worry about a thing when it comes to this house because red and gold beat blue and bronze every time. Right guys?”

We all cheered because we knew that we would beat them, and we did. I would give you a play by lllay of the game, but I didn’t pay very close attention this time. I had Fred’s letter on my mind and the thought of Draco watching me from the stands made it very hard to even concentrate. I did get a good hit in though that hit Chang right in the arm and sent her sailing to the ground. Kam also did this amazing jump off her broom over another player and landed back on her broom before making the goal. After the game, we all landed on the ground in celebration. Blaise and Draco ran over. Kam and I met them halfway. It took everything I had to not jump into his arms. Kam, on the other hand, had jumped into Blaise’s arms for a nice embrace. When she pulled away, his lips were on hers in the fiercest way. Draco and I just stood there awkwardly as our best friends snogged in front of the whole school.

“Kam, can I have Fred’s letter back?” I asked her as we made to grab our stuff, but Blaise had followed and she didn’t hear me. “Kam!” I yelled.

“Later!” she yelled back and left the locker room where Blaise was waiting for her.

The common room was in an uproar, and I couldn’t think so I made my way up to the dorm rooms. I stopped outside my dorm before deciding to knock on Kam and Hermione’s door. I didn’t see Herms down stairs, so she must’ve been upstairs. She answered the door after three knocks.

“Hey, Court,” she smiled. “Kamrynn’s not here, you know.”

I nodded. “I know. Did she by chance drop off her bag?”

“No, she hasn’t came back since before the game.”

“Oh, okay. Well, I guess I’ll see you around.”