Chapter 26

I know that I should’ve been angry with him, but I couldn’t bring myself to be. I just couldn’t build myself up to be angry at him when I don’t know everything. Sure, the first thought I had after walking out of that house was to march right back in it with a muggle chainsaw and tear him to little, itty, bitty pieces with blood flying everywhere and a look of pure evil on my face as I made everything right for him betraying me, but I decided that since I don’t know the whole story that I would hold off on the chainsaw…for now.

 I even wore a smile on my face when I arrived at the Burrow to spend the rest of the holidays with Kam and Ron. I would’ve spent the rest at my own house, but I told Draco to stay away from me. It was what he had wanted in the first place right? Well, he wouldn’t stay away no matter how many times my brother punched him. I know because he started bragging about it. I really didn’t want my brother to beat up my boyfriend –well, ex boyfriend- every single time that they saw each other just because I was on bad terms with him.

“What the bloody hell are you doing here?” Ron asked as I came into his room, where Harry and Kam were also. “I mean, it’s nice to see you, Court.”

I rolled my eyes and plopped myself down on the bed next to him. “Did your mum tell you that I was coming? I wrote her and asked if I could spend the rest of the holidays here. She said yes, so I assumed she told you.”

“She told me,” Kam shrugged.

Harry smirked. “Me too.”

“And you guys didn’t think to tell me even though this is my house?” Ron looked at them in disbelief. “I mean, doesn’t a guy deserve to know when a hot chick is going to be walking through the door instead of letting it be a total surprise?”

“You know technically it’s not your house,” I pointed out and poked him playfully on the arm. “Your parents have more rights to it than you do.”

“Yeah,” Kam giggled. “The only thing you have ownership over is that nasty feet smell that just penetrates this whole room. You don’t sleep with socks on do you, Ronald?”

I then saw something shiny around his neck. I never noticed that he had ever worn jewelry before. “What’s this?” I said, grabbing it and revealing a charm that screamed ‘Sweetheart’ from a chain around his neck. I couldn’t help but laugh. “I see you haven’t broken things off with Lav-Lav then?” I smirked.

“Don’t even say that,” he said, pulling the charm out of my grip. “No matter what I say, she doesn’t believe me. She thinks I’m joking every time I tell her that I want out. All she does is laugh at me and tell me what a ‘Silly Billy’ I am. She’s bloody annoying.”

“Who does it look was right again?” I laughed at him.

Kam laughed as well. “That’s two for Badass Hot Chicks, one for Ron!” she squealed as Harry laughed along with me.

 I had totally forgotten about our bet taking system we had before I kind of distanced myself because of Draco…and a lot because of Lavender. I missed it. It was like we were back to the way things were. You know, before Ron knew Lavender existed; before I told Ron that Kamrynn had liked him; before I had fallen in love with Draco. Our sixth year was a bumpy one, but not one that could tear us apart. We were locked in for life. Ron, Kam, and me that is. Harry was just more of a standby at that point.

“I’m going downstairs,” Harry said before we could even object and left in a hurry.

“I don’t even know what you’re talking about,” Ron continued, ignoring Harry’s exit. “Clearly, I would’ve been right far more than once since we stopped hanging out. I would round it out to about seven. You two, as I remember, hadn’t even had one point since we started. So, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say two just because. So, that leaves was with Badass Hot chicks two and Ron seven. Sound fair?”