Chapter 40

I hadn’t talked to Draco in over four days. I’m sure he’s wondering what’s going on. I haven’t told him that Snape and I had a little chat, and I was thinking it was probably for the best. I know that I was going to have to explain myself eventually seeing that Snape made good on his word and had Binns switch us partners. I had been placed with Seamus Finnegan. What luck, eh? I wasn’t looking forward to our meeting, which I was headed to that Saturday. The Saturday of my detention with Snape. It was rumored that Pansy had detention with me that night. I just hoped that it wasn’t true. Since she started the rumor, I’ve become a totally different person to everyone. The rumors just kept on morphing as time went on. I was a slut who liked to beat the occasional ugly bitch and liked to distance herself from everyone afterwards. Yeah, I was pretty much considered a freak among my peers. Go figure.

“Hey there,” Seamus greeted me as I approached him in the library. “Fancy meeting you here.”

I rolled my eyes and sat down across from him. “Let’s just get started. There’s plenty of other things that I need to get finished today.”

“Isn’t this kind of ironic?” he asked as he watched me open my History of Magic book. “I mean, I was just joking with you about helping me with my History project, and it turns out that you are actually my partner.”

“Yeah, it’s bloody hilarious,” I was getting very irritated. “Now, let’s get to work.”

“So,” he said after a few moments of silence that I was very much appreciating. “Shagged any other guys lately or do you just save that for your history partners? If so, then I’m a very lucky guy,” his hand was then on my knee.

I looked up and realized he had gotten so much closer. The hand that was on my knee sent tingles all the way up my knee. I pushed his hand off of my knee and put my nose back into my book, but it wasn’t long until his hand had found his way back and that time was braver as he traveled up to my thigh. I started getting nervous. What the heck was it with Seamus? I never thought he would be that kind of guy. You know a guy that didn’t know what the word ‘no’ meant.

“Get your hand off of my leg, Seamus, or so help me God, I will cut it off,” I said through clenched teeth but that just made him smirk.

“I’m only joking with you,” he then slid his hand off my leg but slowly. “God, when did you turn into such a prude?”

“Not every rumor is true, Seamus.”

“Every rumor is based off a truth though. It may get distorted along the way, but it still started with a truth. So, tell me,” his eyes glistened with every word, “Did you really sleep with Draco Malfoy?”

I sighed. “That’s none of your business, Seamus.”

“Okay then. Did you really beat a guy up because he slapped you on the ass?”

I nodded. “And if you so much as even try to, I’ll cut of your unmentionables and toss them in the Black Lake so the Giant Squid has a snack. You understand?”

“Jeez, Courtney. What’s got your panties in a knot?”

I rolled my eyes once more. “You do, Seamus.”

“That’s kind of kink-“

“Alright, that’s it,” I started packing my things up. “I’m out of here. If you’re going to be a little prick about this rubbish that’s going around the school, then I’m not going to stick around because if I do, I will make good on my threat, Seamus. That was not a joke. I meant every word I said about your unmentionables. Okay?”

“Fine then, be that way, bitch,” he mumbled as I walked away.

I didn’t turn around or I would’ve hit him. I just know I would’ve. He was being such a dick that I wasn’t sure that I could trust myself around him, meaning that I was definitely capable of murder in Seamus’ presence. I never thought that I would hate him, but he has managed to pull it off.