Chapter 10

"Dani, what took you so long to answer the door?" Jax asked, his lips were kissing her temple, her cheek, her forehead.

"Whoa...calm down Jax. It was like two seconds, remember?" Dani asked, stepping aside for him to enter.

"I called you but you never answered. I was worried."

Dani pulled out her phone. It was switched off.

"You don't even have it on?"

Dani rolled her eyes as Jax began cursing under his breath.

"If you're going to be a grouch, I'll kick you out, Jax."

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried that's all. I see Roberto freaking out because of Gladys and it worries me that something will happen to you as well," Jax said.

"Well, well, well...I would've never guessed that Jax Michaels was a worrywart."

"I'm not a worrywart. I'm just being practical. Is that a bad thing?" Jax asked, pulling her into his embrace.

Dani blushed, "I don't know. I've never had someone worry about me like this."

"Not true."

"You calling me a liar, Jaxass?"

"No, I'm calling you mistaken. I've worried about you since the day I met you."

"Is that so?" she could feel his lips softly touching her cheek.

"That's so," he lightly kissed her before whispering, "I've worried about you since day one. You've been on my mind for a while, Panda Eyes."

"You sound like a stalker," Dani smiled.

"You're the one that's dating me. What does that say about you? A woman that dates a stalker."

"I never said I was normal," Dani laughed as he gave her a quick squeeze before letting her go. "Please turn on your phone, Panda Eyes. If not for your safety then for my sanity."

"I will...I will. So, how's Roberto holding up?"

"Not so great. After hearing your dream, what happened at the restaurant, and the tire marks we found at the scene, we think Los Lobos Locos having something to do with Gladys being taken. His brother-in-law is going to help out."

"His brother-in-law was that detective from Majestic Waters, right? That's good."

Jax watched as she nervously licked her lips and wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Dani?"

"Hmm?"

"What's going on? You sounded strange earlier and now you're being weird."

"Nothing. Just a lot of strange things have been happening these days."

"Strange like how?" Jax asked.

Dani shook her head, letting him know that she didn't want to answer.

"Dani, tell me what's going on."

"I found this on my door today," Dani handed him the note she had found earlier.

I know something about you.

"What the hell is this?" Jax muttered, holding the note in his hand.

"I don't know but something's not right. On top of that, I've been having these weird dreams and in every single dream I see the same thing...or person."

"What are you seeing?"

Dani pulled out her sketch pad and held up her picture of the Grim Reaper, "I see this."