Chapter no.3

Corinne's POV:-

Beep. ...Beep. ....Beep!!! God! This alarm clock irritates me so much. I have a very strong urge to smash the little thing onto the floor as it continues to bug me.

I groan and sit upright. I look for the clock in the dark and somehow I manage to find it. I shut it off.

I get off the bed, pulling the curtains away revealing a beautiful bright morning of Paris.
I look at the wall clock and it's six thirty in the morning.

I walk out of my room and into Merleah's to wake her up. As I enter, I see her still fast asleep with her alarm clock beeping loudly.

It's funny how I'm always the first one to get up and always the person who has to wake Merleah up.

Today is her first day of job. She'll be doing her job with the same company but now in Paris instead of New York. And me? I'm still getting used to my new place so I'll be on my way for a job interview the day after tomorrow.
"Merleah! Please wake up. You'll be late. "I plead with my best friend.
She sits up slowly getting out of the sheets. I see her in a total mess. She looks like a hurricane ran her over.

"Are you sure you can handle breakfast? "I say as I push away the curtains of her room.
"Yup thanks. .....you go to sleep. "She says groggily.
"Don't go back to sleep again." I say as I walk out of her room.

She heads for a shower and I go to my room back to bed.
I'm a morning person alright but I would be home the next two days so I sleep till ten in the morning.

Sleep comes to me slowly and I drift off into my slumber when I suddenly hear yelling.

Merleah of course. .....she's throwing her temper tantrum.
"Corinne!....I can't find my earrings. "

"Here we go again." I drag myself to her room to help her.

She leaves at seven fifteen and I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and make myself breakfast.
Sleep is long gone now.

I'm finished eating in ten minutes. I wash my dishes and put on my jacket over my sports bra.

Going for a walk always works for me. I feel refreshed.
Paris is a beautiful place. And I honestly think leaving New York and coming here wasn't so bad. I hope so.

I get a call from the fashion company where I have applied, that my interview is scheduled for nine in the morning sharp the day after tomorrow.

I'm excited about it and I'm sure I'll get the job. I need this job sooner or later because I left most of my fortune back there in New York. I've enough credit cards and money to last me a year or two but I want to do something on my own while I can.

I earned great amount of money and fame back in New York and I loved my job. But sadly I had to move.

We bought a new penthouse here in Paris before moving, Merleah and me paying half each. I'm glad to have our own place and it lifts a lot of burden off our shoulders.

I jog around a small park putting my earbuds on and playing my playlist on shuffle.

*******

I walk down the aisle looking for the things from my list on my phone pushing a trolley with me. I'm here to shop for the basics we need at home.

Merleah and I love to cook. It's a kind of a hobby for both of us. We try new recipes and enjoy eating together.
I grab a cornflakes box for my breakfast putting it into the trolley when my phone beeps.

A text from Merleah...

Wanna go for a movie tonight -M
Yup....fun :-)-C
I'll be back home at five. Love ya -M
Love you too c'ya -C.

I put my phone into my jeans pocket heading for the cash counter.

******

"So the pink one or......" Merleah muses as I put on my midnight blue blouse with black tights and black pumps.

She's indecisive when it comes to clothes. She takes a lot of time getting ready. Although she's beautiful, she takes my opinion a million times before she leaves for an outing.

I own a red Volvo and Merleah has her Mercedes.
We decide to take the Volvo and reach the theater and rush to get our tickets.

I grab some junk food and Merleah saves us the "favourite" seats.

I come and sit down next to my friend dumping all the food into her lap because she's the one who's going to eat the most of it.

Merleah is sitting on my left and when I look to the right, there's a guy sitting. I can't see his face but his eyes. ........his eyes are like the ones you never forget.

They're grey and cold but so deep. I always loved grey eyes. My mother's eyes were grey and mine are green. I don't realize that I'm staring until Merleah nudges me to pay attention to the movie.

Throughout the movie, I'm all too aware of the guy sitting next to me.

When the movie is over I get up from my seat turning to leave when I turn back.
I don't know what makes me turn back to take a look at those eyes again but I do and I find him staring right back at me.

Cameron's POV :-

'Come on now Cam it's just a movie......" Dylan persuades like a little kid. He's my buddy but I hate it when he does that. I don't even know why he wants to go see that goddamn movie? I groan in frustration. I don't get a day off very often and I am going to a stupid theater instead of my night club. I'd decided to bring back a woman with me but Dylan wouldn't budge.

Dylan Carter (see picture)

'Don't call me that again." I hiss slightly and he smirks happy about me being pissed off.

We drive to the theater in his car. Not my car because the paparazzi recognize it all too well. We stand in line for our tickets.

On my way to get our seats I see a girl with long luscious brunette hair, her back turned to me, carrying junk food in her hands. I laugh as she stumbles through the crowd.

Once we get seated I look to my left seeing a girl sitting next to me. I can't see her face because it's dark.

I look at her and find myself staring right into a pair of gem-like emerald green eyes.
I have never seen anything like this before. They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. The movie has already started but we don't break our eye contact until the girl looks away.

Throughout the movie,
I resist the urge to put my hand on the girl's chin and move her face to look at those eyes again.

When the movie ends and everyone is leaving, I look at the girl. I stare at her back pleading silently that she'd turn and she does.

I stare at the enchanting pair of eyes till I compel myself to leave.
That night I take no one home. I don't seem to be in that mood and when I sleep, I see those emerald orbs in my dream.

Corinne's POV:-

The rest of the time passes in a blur and I find myself parking my car and Merleah pushing me to a food court in a mall.
"You still hungry? "I come out of my thoughts and shake my head in disbelief.

Then I laugh and she laughs with me. She eats so much but she never gets fat at all.

We head home after Leah is completely stuffed with food and I quickly get into bed and Merleah does some office work while I go to sleep.

That night I dream of those grey eyes that I don't seem to forget.

.........

I hope you guys like this chapter. So now Corinne will go for her job interview next. Let's see how it turns out.
Love you guys.

*******