Chapter no.43

Corinne's POV:-

The first thing I felt was a slight throbbing pain in my legs and back. My eyes cracked open to find myself in bed with the dress from last night. I looked to my left to see Cameron next to me. And that's when the headache hit me. A slight shiver ran through my aching body.

I grabbed my head and groaned. Hangovers are the worse.
I looked around to realise that we weren't in his mansion. He had moved back to his luxurious penthouse.

Biting my lip, I struggled to remember through the severe headache about last night's events. Not much came back but I did remember Cameron pulling me to the dance floor and the rest was blank. Just haze.

I rubbed my temples and sat up. I couldn't help noticing how he had kept his distance even while sharing the same bed with me.

I would have lied but this did made me frown a little.

I moved out of the warm tangle of sheets and walked into the bathroom. Doing my routine I hit a quick shower and wrapped myself in a towel and walked out back into the room. It gave me a warm feeling of being at home here. It was funny how much I knew this place and felt at ease here while my own apartment felt foreign.

I stood by the closet door absent- minded. I watched his chest rise and fall with his every breath. His red lips slightly parted.

Before I could stop myself, I padded across the room and sat down next to his sleeping form. He had always been a sound sleeper but it was strange how he didn't
wake up even when I accidentally slammed the door shut with more force than intended.

My hand moved to his forehead to brush his hair off of it. I gasped. His skin was burning. He had a fever. Instant worry washed over me and now that I noticed, the poor guy was shivering. Oh Lord!

I rushed to get dressed quickly in a shirt from his racks and went into the kitchen.
Should I call the doctor?

I rolled my eyes at myself. Of course stupid. I dialled from the landline.
"Hello! Yes I need to call for the doctor at Mr Kalebs' apartment. Yes....he has a fever. Please be quick. Yeah okay."

I took a thermometer and rushed back upstairs to find him trying to sit up.
His eyes fell on me and he looked away.

"Y-you have a fever-"
"I'm fine." Shaking my head I made it to his closet and pulled out his sweats and a shirt for him.
"Here." I handed him clothes to put on.

I put the thermometer to his mouth before he could protest. And a blanket around his quaking shoulders.

"101degrees. Cameron you're burning." I put my hand to his forehead again.

"What was Mariano doing there with you last night?"

"Excuse me?" I looked him in the eye. He looked distant, cold and somewhat angry.
"Just answer me." He said through clenched teeth.
"Wh-what do you mean? He's my friend. I invited him." His eyes glared at me and all I wanted was to melt under his scrutinizing gaze. And not even in a good way.

"A friend?" I backed up against the wall with him stalking me like his prey.
"Y-yes."
"Really?" He tilted his head to the side watching me closely.
"We didn't even break up more than two weeks ago and you already befriended another guy?" I flinched at his harsh voice and a sudden surge of anger made me snap back at him.
"And who's fault is it?"
"You know what? Just forget it." He spat.
"Enough. Fuck you Cameron." I yelled back trying to fight back tears.

I pushed past him but he grabbed onto my wrist tightly yanking me back into his broad chest.
"Can't you see......?" He said gritting his teeth.
".....I can't let him or anyone else near you. I wanted to kill him right there when I saw him looking at you."