Chapter no.41

Cameron's POV:-

Loneliness. It was something that never bothered me anymore. Nor did a woman ever effected me in a way she did. Not before I lost every shred of happiness that I had once had. Not before I lost my parents. Not even after that when I still had my sisters. My beautiful sisters always there to wait for me when I came back home from work.

Meryl being my age always there to ask me how my day went and make us dinner and just be there to talk to when I needed to vent my stress.

And Sara. My little princess. The little toddler always wrapping her small arms around my legs when I set foot into the house. Her eyes gleaming up at me. She would ask when mom and dad would be home.
And I remember me and Ryles exchanging nervous glances and come up with an excuse.

The little girl would pull me down to her level and complain how we never spent enough time together. We would sit down and watch as she made us tea in her small toy tea-set. And we would play with her until she fell asleep in my lap and Meryl would tuck her in.

"Cameron! I'm worried for her. She always asks about mom and dad. She misses them. How long are we going to lie to her?" She put her head to my shoulder.
I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"You know she's still very young. We don't know how she's gonna react. We have to wait till she gets older." I said to her.

"Cameron I'm.....scared."
I hugged her closer to me.
"Don't be......I'm here for you two okay?" I always whispered to her assuringly.

It was true. I would never leave my sisters alone. I loved them to death. But I was scared too. Handling a business empire at such a young age. It was hard. And as much as I posed to be strong, I was just as scared as Ryles was.
"Go have some sleep Ryles." I said kissing her forehead once more.

She smiled at me softly making me smile back.
"Night Cameron."
"Night sis."

And I would go up to my room changing out of my office attire and sit on my bed working on my laptop for hours. It was how I knew it would work. Only if I struggled enough. I would give my sisters everything my father would've given them.

Eventually, I had grown accustomed to the lack of sleep and it didn't bother me anymore. I could feel myself getting stronger. I was able to run the empire perfectly well. And having signed three contracts worth 7.5 billion dollars in six months made my company the most popular fashion firm in all over France and halfway Europe. I had money, success and my sisters. Meryl having graduated high school and I had gifted her the expensive wrist watch she had always wanted.

It was Sara's eighth birthday too. So we had decided to give her an outing....the perfect birthday party for her and her school friends.

"Cameron get up!" The little rabbit barged into my room and stumbled onto my bed where I slept.
I groaned.
"Sara! I'll be right there. Go have breakfast sweetie."

"No no no!" I yelped in surprise as she jumped onto my back.
"But I wanna sleep." I played along.
"Cammmmmmerrrrooonnnnn! Heyyyy get up! It's my birthdayyyyyy." She whined and pulled at my hair softly. I  chuckle into my pillow. My adorable little princess.

"Alright alright. Get off now." She happily jumped off and ran around the room wildly singing to herself the Happy Birthday song.

"Appy Birrrr dayyy tooo meeeee......."
I had a quick shower and dressed up quickly before she finally pulled me out into the hallway and to the kitchen.
"So how old is my little princess?" I asked tickling her slightly to which she giggled.
"I'm a big girl I'm eight now." She said holding her head high.
"Ooooohhhh so you wanna go to high school now?"
"Yessss." She giggled wildly.