Chapter no.14

Corinne's POV :-

The look on Cameron's face was so frightening even I was scared to look directly at him. He was literally fuming with anger. It looked like he might burst any second.
His biceps flexed under his creamy white shirt and his stance was quite tense. I couldn't help but drool. He looked so damn hot.

I rolled my eyes at myself.
"Now's not the time Corinne."
I thought to myself.

I looked at Dylan who'd just arrived at the scene. I averted my gaze to the man sprawled on the floor then to Dylan and thankfully getting the cue Dylan nodded once in my direction.

Dylan then bent down to drag the drunk man off the floor and away from Cameron's seething eyes.

But before he could take him away Cameron made the first move and snatched him out of Dylan's grip before punching him square in the jaw.

That man was so dead.

I gasped when I heard Cameron say,
"How dare you fucking touch her.......how dare you touch what's fucking mine." he was growling.

Cameron then aimed another punch at him but Dylan stopped him midway through.
"Easy man."

Dylan pushed the drunk bastard away from Cameron's grasp and the bodyguards took him away.

I still couldn't believe what I had heard. Did he really -? No. It couldn't be. I pushed that thought away and looked around. Many people had gathered around circling us with me, Cameron, Merleah and Dylan in the center. Merleah seemed to have the mirror reflection of my own emotions.

Clearly she had also heard what he just said.

I diverted my gaze to Cameron again. His face was screwed up with anger and he was breathing heavily. Not exactly knowing what to do I walked up to him and lightly grabbed his muscular arm.

"Cameron.....come on....let's go. " I whispered trying to sound calm but it was more like a croak.

But surprisingly that seemed to calm him a bit. He looked down at me and then grabbed my hand in his large one and pulled me out of the crowded room.

I looked back at Merleah and she nodded in my direction.

I took a deep breath when the cool night air hit me. Suddenly I was pushed against the door of a car.
Cameron was looking at me like he'd never seen me before. His grey eyes were so piercing that I couldn't look away. They held me in a trance.

"Where did he touch you?" he asked in a deadly quiet whisper.
I was dumbfounded.
"Excuse me?" I gasped.

Cameron's lips suddenly curved up in a wry smile but it didn't quite reach his eyes.
"No formalities love just answer my question."

I was beyond shocked. What was going on? Who did he think he was? Was he out of his mind? Was he even aware of what he was doing? What was he trying to prove?
All these questions were bombarded on me all at once.

"What do you mean? You think you can control me? If you think you can......" I said in my most confident voice.
"........then you're wrong. " I finished my sentence and pushed past him to walk away.

"I'm not TRYING to control you......" he said stressing on the word "trying" pulling me backwards towards him .
".......I already do....." he whispered the last part in my ear.

His cool breath tickled my earlobe and I shivered slightly in his grasp.

"I....asked you a question.........I want....the answer. " he whispered again, one word at a time which made him even more intimidating than he already was. His voice was like silk.