Chapter no.26

Corinne's POV:-

I plopped down onto the couch next to Meryl.
"Hi." She smiled up at me.
"Hi." I mimicked her.
She laughed.

"You seem......funny." she commented.
I looked down at myself. In an over large t-shirt with tights. My hair in a messy bun at the top of my head. And yes I looked funny. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Cameron's out working so...." I started but stopped instantly.
"I never mentioned Cameron." Meryl smirked.
I rolled my eyes.
"What?" I asked irritated as Meryl continued to smirk.
"Ooooo nothing......"

I had to laugh at this.
Merleah walked in, sitting down next to me.
We talked for a while and laughed. And then Meryl's question shut me up.
Like literally shut me up.
"Corinne......do you.....like Cameron?"

Merleah eyed me closely.
I bit my lip.
"Like?" I tried to avoid the question failing miserably as a blush rose in my cheeks.
"Like as in.......oh you know what I mean.......my brother is hot as hell." Meryl said.
"Would you like to speak?" Merleah said teasingly.

I was in an uneasy situation. And it was funny how everything had changed so much from the past. Nothing and I mean nothing could make me uneasy but I guess I was wrong.

"Yes.Ilikehim...." I said in one breath.
"What?" Meryl and Leah shouted together.
"I......like......him."

Their eyes shone with joy.
"I bet there's so many others who like him. What's new in that?" I said truthfully and shrugged away the jealous feeling.
"Yes but you are different." Meryl said.
"You most definitely are." Merleah piped in.

A question popped up in my mind.
"Hey Meryl? Have you dated someone? Ever?" I asked.

Instantly the colour from Meryl's face drained and she looked on the brim of tears.
"Ms Braylon! I need a coffee." Cameron's voice diverted my attention. And what surprised me was the harsh tone in his voice.

I nodded.

I made his coffee.
What did I do?

I need to comprehend this. What was going on? I just asked a general question out of mere curiosity.
I shook it off and knocked on his study door once before entering.

I took a deep breath.
"Your coffee. Mr Kalebs." I said curtly.
"I need the collection of latest designs within the next hour." He ordered.

I pursed my lips.
Fine. If he was going to act all cold. Oh boy! He doesn't know what he's playing at.
"Yes sir." He looked surprised at my obedient response but his expression went away quickly into nothing.

I turned to walk away before he called out.
"And be ready Ms Braylon. We will be going to the office. I think it's better to work from there."

I didn't bother answering and went away.
I sighed.
What an absolute jerk? What is this rude atitude for?

I quickly jumped into shower. An idea popped up in my head.

And I smirked.

Getting out I put a towel around my body.
"Ms Braylon hurry-" Cameron sat in my room casually draped across my bed.

I was never shy but I still clutched the towel tightly to my chest.
He cut off in mid-sentence eyeing me with smouldering hungry eyes before composing himself.
"Just give me five minutes Mr Kalebs. I'll join you shortly." I said sarcastically trying to show I was mad at him.

He sighed walking out of my room.
I so love this game.
I walked into my closet looking for a special attire to wear.

(Corinne's special outfit. wink*wink*).

I grabbed my purse and phone as I finished getting ready.
I felt Cameron's gaze on me but acted oblivious to it but feeling shy inside. Oh how his eyes left butterflies in my stomach.

I sat down in the car next to him as a driver drove us to the office.
Reaching the office, I let the chaffeur open the door for me and walked into the building with bodyguards surrounding me.

I felt a hand on my waist.
Of course.
I rolled my eyes.
My over-protective, ridiculously hot CEO.

We walked to the elevator and I pressed the button to the top floor.

The elevator dinged closed and his lips crashed to mine. I gave in without protest.
"I love this game you know." He groaned into my ear.
I smiled.
"I love it too."

********

Don't know where this is going yet. But I thought a playful one would be good. Haha!

Hope you like it.
See y'all soon.

*******