Chapter no.42

Corinne's POV:-

"You can't just run away Corinne. Stop pretending like you don't care." Leah said and I threw my hands in the air exasperated.
"Can we not talk about this?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Corinne look, I can't see you like this......I know you're not happy-"
"I'm fine. Why don't you just get it? I'm trying to move on."

She sighed in defeat.
"Leah!........I know you want me to be happy. Just give me some time. I need to think. I need to move on. Cameron doesn't want me back-" she shook her head.

"Do YOU want him back?"
I looked at her incredulously. Of course I did.
"Yes-"
"That's it. He's yours to be Corinne. Don't give up on him. The Corinne I know never gives up on something that's her own. Please I know you love him. And I know he's worth a try." She pleaded with me.

I bit my lip thinking. I knew he was worth a try. I knew he was worth millions of tries for that matter. He was worth everything I could think of.

"So are we still up for the plans tonight?" She changed the subject. I nodded slightly.

"Yeah......hey....do you mind if Mariano comes along?" I asked.
She shook her head with a smile.

"I think this is......"Merleah trailed off looking at the dress adorning my body.
"Too sezy?"
"Yeah but it suits you." She said quickly.

I was getting pretty suspicious on her choice of dress for me. She always was biased towards a more sober look that brings out beauty but not unnecessary attention. Today.......?
"You want me to wear that?" I eyed her with unease.

There was definitely something fishy going on around here.
She smirked to herself but masked it the next moment but I had seen it nonetheless.

(Corinne's dress.)

This dress wasn't out of my comfort zone but I was surprised Leah was okay with me wearing it.
Might as well get going with it. It was impossible to get something out of her if she didn't want to tell me.

I helped Leah into her own dress and did her makeup and mine.

Leah always went with the more mild look quite the opposite of what I did.

The sound of the bell ringing echoed through the house and I walked out of my room to answer it. We were almost ready and it might be Mariano at the door to pick us up.

********

Merleah's POV:-

As soon as she walked out of the room, I dialed Dylan.
"Mariano is here to take us. When are you guys leaving?"

I heard Dylan groan from the other end.
"I swear this guy is so stuborn. I am dying here to convince him to come but he's not ready to give in."