Chapter no.46

Corinne's POV:-

Flashback:-

"You like them don't you?" I cringed as he thrust the flowers into my lap.
I gulped looking down at the blue petals.

Morning glories.

Tearing my gaze from the floral buds, my eyes locked with Calvin's.

I watched as he left shutting the door with a slam that made me cringe.
I had been feeling so strange lately. I knew something wrong was happening but I couldn't place it exactly.

My eyes fell to my sheets that lay tangled above and about. What happened to me last night?
I moved my shirt aside to reveal scratch marks on my once unscarred skin. How did I get these?

And I felt this weird sting between my legs almost each time I woke up.
What about that blood on my sheets one week ago?

Feeling sickness and remorse, I threw the flowers as they smashed against my wall hangings. I hated those flowers. I hated him. I hated his pathetic mother.

Where was dad? I heard him coming home last night when he was talking to Calvin's mother downstairs but I had not been able to move.

Something was definitely wrong with me.

And what scared me was the fact that I was beginning to lose memories of my past. I usually remembered when it was my mom's birthday but how did I miss it yesterday then?

And what was that favourite poem my mom had taught me?
I didn't want to go to school today. I would have to face Brandon. We just broke up at the New Year's party. And I had cried for days.

But it was before I started feeling out of strength. Now.....something else was the matter with me.

The sound of my door opening made me look up from my lap to see Calvin's mother in the doorway.
She never really talked much unless it was to shout at me.
I watched as she walked in to give me my medicine. She handed me the pills and a glass of cold water.

I didn't know why I never protested when she started giving me these pills for no reason just two weeks ago but I took them anyway. She left the room shutting me in and I struggled to try and think.

Already a haze was starting to set in and my mind was foggy.

Something was wrong.....
I had to.....
Dad.....

Without realising I laid down and the covers felt so soft. My room looked darker than usual today. It was sunny though.

Dad.....must have.....
....fishing....he went fishing today.

My door opened but I had no will to lift myself to look at who it was. I gulped slightly seeing Calvin come into my vision.
"You.....a-again?"

He smirked before I felt the mattress dip beside me.
I didn't know why he was here but I knew it wasn't good. I wanted to shout and scream but my head felt so heavy and the idea of falling asleep looked strangely alluring.

"You know you can't tell anyone right?" He whispered to me and I wanted to cry.

What was going on?
I shivered when I felt his hands on me as he unbuttoned my shirt.

No.......
No.....
N...o.....d...dad....!
And my world blurred into darkness.

********