Chapter no.34

"Is everything alright?" Merleah asked for the umpteenth time seeing Corinne was unusually quiet and not really into her work or any of their conversation for the past two days.
"I'm fine."

This was all she said everytime she spoke. She was fine. What else could she say? She didn't know how to react to a situation such as hers. It had been two days ago that she had confessed to Cameron what she felt for him. And since then she'd avoided him. And that too on purpose. She didn't know how to face him. She didn't know what to expect.

"You're definitely hiding something. I know you better than yourself Corinne."

"I went to see Aiden and Laverna." She began.
Merleah nodded smiling slightly at the mention of her parents.
"I went with Cameron." She added awkwardly.
"Well.....that's great." Leah said.

Corinne sighed fisting a hand through her hair.
"On our way back......Leah I don't know what got into me......I....I confessed to him."

Leah had a look of pure amusement on her face.
"Confession?" She asked.

Corinne groaned to herself.

Could this get any more weird?
"I love him Leah. I love him okay? So much that it hurts. And I'm scared. Scared to lose him-"

Merleah shook her head smiling.
"It's okay sweetie. I know what you mean."

Corinne bit her lip. She knew she was being childish. What good would it do if she kept ignoring him?
"You should talk to him." Leah voiced her thoughts.

"What if he doesn't love me back?" Corinne cringed at how pathetic she sounded. This wasn't her.

She had to realise it was Cameron's choice to love her back or not. She couldn't just sit and mop over her tears if he decided to part ways. She wasn't weak. Heartbreak causes pain but she knew how to endure it. She was strong enough to face rejection right?

"You're over-thinking Corinne. I saw how you ignored him yesterday at dinner. Think about it......does he not deserve a chance?"

She knew her best friend was right. She was being unfair with him. For all she knew this could turn out better than she anticipated. She couldn't deduce without trying.
"Thanks Leah. I'll talk to him." She smiled.
"Love you too babe." Leah said smirking.

Corinne rolled her eyes before playfully smacking Leah on the arm. Leah laughed softly.
Corinne got up walking to the kitchen and opened the fridge for some milk.
"Aid and Lav said hi." She said.

Leah smiled to herself.
"I miss them."
Corinne smiled secretly to herself before saying.
"Well you should plan to pay them a visit soon. They would love to meet their future son-in-law."
Without even looking Corinne knew her best friend was blushing.

A minute later, a soft pillow hit her in the back. Corinne laughed.
"What?"
"Stop doing that."

Corinne smirked before breaking into a song.
"MERLEAH AND DYLAN SITTING ON A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G........!" She sang at the top of her voice, laughing as Merleah chased after her.

" FIRST COMES LOVE...." Corinne laughed again as Leah stumbled upon the carpet and fell down before getting up again and running after her again.
"THEN COMES MARRIAGE!" She heard Merleah mumble.
"Just wait till I catch you....."

She couldn't help burst out laughing when both of them landed on the couch with Leah trying to cover her mouth.
"THEN COMES THE BABY IN THE BABY CARRIAGE."

"What the bloody hell is going on here?" It sounded like Dylan's voice.

The girls stopped suddenly finding an amused-looking Dylan and a brooding Cameron in the living room doorway.

"Ummm.......we....hey I gotta go." Leah bolted from her place on the couch and left with Dylan trailing behind her.

Corinne fidgeted with her fingers biting her lip.

Only Cameron could make her nervous and he knew it too. She felt butterflies attack her stomach as she stood up and walked up to him.
"Can...we.......talk?" She asked quietly.

Cameron's grey eyes kept her under a scruitinizing gaze. He nodded and turned away only to walk upstairs to the room they shared.

It had been hard for her to avoid him when they shared the same room and the same bed but now she knew what was coming was inevitable. Something she had to face no matter good or bad.

She had to find out if the love she felt for him was mutual. She thought as she followed him upstairs.

********

Early update!
Hope you guys like it. This chapter wasn't eventful but there's some spice for you in the next one.😉

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love ya'

*******