Chapter no.10

Corinne's POV :-

"Hey over here!" we heard someone yelling behind us and turned to see Laverna and Aiden waving at us furiously to come to them quickly.

Laverna and Aiden are Merleah's parents. They were here to spend Christmas with us. I love them too because they're just like my own parents. After my parents died, both Laverna and Aiden were there for me.

Me and Merleah smiled at each other and rushed to get them. We ran into their arms and hugged them tight. We act like small toddlers when it comes to Laverna and Aiden.

"How are my gorgeous ladies doing? " it was Aiden. Merleah rolled her eyes playfully and I smiled.
"We're fine dad. " Merleah said.
"Yeah so how are you Aid. " I asked.
"As charming as ever." he smirked and we laughed forgetting we were at the airport.

"Lav hey!" I grinned at her.
She enveloped me and Merleah into a hug.
"My two beautiful daughters. I missed you guys so much." she squealed.
"Mom I can't breathe. " it was Merleah who always ruined the moment.

I swatted Merleah on her arm playfully.

Laverna, Merleah and Aiden are the only people I love now. My past, my present all of it made me the rude, arrogant bitch for strangers. I never knew I would become like this. But at least I don't betray the ones I love.

We made our way to the car and Aiden helped us putting the luggage inside.We headed for the hotel in which they were going to stay until after Christmas and dropped their luggage.

Me and Merleah had insisted that they could live with us in the apartment but Aiden and Laverna were stubborn enough to convince us that they wanted to stay at the hotel to have some privacy.
Me and Leah always rolled our eyes at the thought.

We had dinner at a French restaurant and we also went shopping to Aiden's disappointment. He never liked shopping.
Me and Merleah had been working on some special Christmas gifts for some special ones so we stacked the gifts in the back seat of my car so that we won't get messed up in the morning.

It was almost midnight when we reached our penthouse apartment after dropping Lav and Aid at their hotel.
We ordered pizza and watched some Christmas movies together.
The best time of the year.

The large wall clock in our living room dinged loudy as it struck midnight. Me and Merleah jumped.
Looking at each other we burst into a fit of laughter.

My phone rang twice and I walked into my room to pick it up. I didn't look at the caller ID so I didn't know who it was.
"Hello?" I said in a soft voice not sure who it was.
"Amore mio,......." a husky voice answered. His Italian accent was so sexy.

Cameron?

"Mr Kalebs.......why -" but I was cut off.
"It's Cameron for you loveee......." he purred and a shiver ran down my spine. My heart picked pace.

He's drunk.
Oh...
My.....
God......

I smirked. Somehow I found a drunk Cameron more hot.
"Mr Kalebs are you drunk? "
"Noooo.....whhhhooo told ya that? " he slurred. I giggled quietly. Drunk Cameron was so cute.

"Merry Christmas Corinne." he said after a minute.
"Merry Christmas Cameron. " I said with a smile.

"Please get home safely Mr Kalebs." I teased.
He groaned.
And somehow that sound made butterflies flutter hard in my stomach.

"I'll be fine Ccoorinnneee......" he slurred again. I couldn't help but notice how my name rolled off his tongue.

I brought myself back to reality .
"Is Dylan there with you?" I asked.

A minute of shuffling and clinking of glasses and then I heard Dylan on the phone.
"Yes?" Dylan asked.
"Mr Carter please take him home safely. He's drunk." I said in a concerned voice.
"Sure will. Merry Christmas by the way. " he said.
"Merry Christmas Mr Carter."

The call ended.

I sighed to myself thinking about him. Thinking about Cameron again. Why would he call me?

My phone vibrated. A text from Cameron.

Good night sweetheart -C.K

I shook my head smiling.

I'm not your sweetheart -C.B
It's me you're talking to Miss Braylon so I can call you anything I want. -C.K
Whatever. Go home Mr Kalebs. C.B

I put my phone on the coffee table beside me and sat down on the couch.
Merleah played a movie that I was no longer interested in. Instead my mind was somewhere else with the hot sexy grey-eyed billionaire.

Finally when Merleah was entirely exhausted, I got the freedom to go to bed. I stripped out of my pj's leaving myself in only a shirt that came down to my upper thighs and dozed off into a peaceful slumber.

********

"It's Christmas it's Christmas........" I heard a loud bang on my door. Merleah of course who was throwing her excitement tantrum because it was Christmas morning.

Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas.

I stretched and yawned before rushing to get ready for the day. I put on a sea blue, off-the-shoulders top with tights and we left.

We were headed for an orphanage first. We always did something special for the children on Christmas.
This year Merleah had personally designed the children's rooms for them.

And I had special walk-in-closets for each of the twenty children. The orphanage was just a new one. It had started working only six months ago and so we were helping them out to give those children a better life.

We distributed some gifts among the staff members of the orphanage and then we gave the children their new Christmas present.

Their faces glowed with happiness when they ran around in their new rooms.

We spend two hours, talking, laughing and playing with them. I laughed as Merleah jogged around the playground with loads of balloons in her hands while the girls ran after her trying to catch her.

I took out my phone and recorded them.
I loved to look at my friends and family happy like this. I love these children. I have always wanted to give them all the love they deserve. They don't have parents doesn't mean they don't deserve to be happy.

We left the orphanage and made our way to pick Laverna and Aiden from the hotel.
We had lunch together and we did some sightseeing around the city.

Paris is beautiful.

I found myself falling in love with this place already. I was in love with New York too but now I was just enjoying being in Paris.
A lot.

*********

So hello lovelies! I love you guys who read my story.
So that's how Corinne spent her Christmas. Next chapter will be about how Cameron spent his Christmas and there will be a meeting with the billionaire's sister.

I love you guys .
See you soon.
Love Ashley.

********