Chapter no.16

Papers, sketchbooks, pencils,files were strewn across the floor and her entire office was a mess.

Corinne Braylon, New York's youngest fashion expert looked like she had run miles. Her hair looked like a bird's nest and her state was haywire.

All thanks to Cameron Kakebs and his arrogance, she looked nowhere near her gorgeous self.

Not only was the entire workload difficult or more like impossible to handle but also her day had kicked off starting with all possible troubles and chaos it could bring to her.

Cameron was currently in one of the many meetings that were scheduled for him today and she was left here to work like her life depended on it.
All her day had gone by typing contracts and editing designs for the upcoming event.

And then Mr Control-Freak wanted to move out of this place within a week and that was just the beginning.

Merleah was trying hard to help as much as possible but the workload seemed to get heavier and heavier.

And then to add more troubles to her life as if the whole world was at it, she found herself attending calls after calls of clients. This day was surely one of the worst days she could have been through.

Early this morning:-

Corinne hurried to get ready for work trying to do several things at once, ignoring the fact that she only had two arms and a single brain and seeing the fact that she could be clumsy at times, she wasn't very good at multitasking.

Only five minutes to go.......she wouldn't want Cameron to smirk and tell her she was late.
Maybe too engorged in her thoughts Corinne didn't realize when her coffee spilled down her work attire.
Slamming the coffee mug down on the counter, she dashed into her room to change.

Finally when she was driving to work, she realized she didn't have her cellophane. Cursing under her breath, she reversed the car to get her phone while the tyres screeched in protest.

Knowing she couldn't just do anything stupid, she kept her big mouth shut as Cameron smirked at her as usual agitating her more saying she was three minutes late.

"Could this get any better." she'd thought mockingly when she had seen the workload earlier today.

End of Daydreaming.......

Someone cleared their throat and Corinne was pulled out of her thoughts.

There, in all his hotness and glory stood none other than Cameron looking around her chaotic surroundings with an amused smile on his lips.
"What?" Corinne snapped not caring if she sounded like a rude arrogant bitch.

"Nothing love......how pleasant might I add it is in here." he said idly playing with a pencil he'd picked up from her desk.
"All thanks to you jerk." she muttered.
"I heard that." he said looking at her.

Rolling her eyes she tried to push past him when Cameron grabbed her around the waist.

Corinne groaned.
"What do you want?"

Despite all the tiredness and frustration she felt, she couldn't deny the sensation his touch caused.
Instantly as if her mind got stuck on that single piece of memory that played over and over again in her mind, she saw a part of her that stood watching as she stood wrapped in his arms kissing him the other day.

Bringing one of his hands to caress her cheek while the other caressed her back, Cameron pulled out the clip that held her hair together in a messy bun on the top of her head.