Chapter no.18

Corinne's POV:-

Life gives us chances. Chances we often waste thinking we will somehow get them back again. But unfortunately, life gives us limited time and limited chances that once wasted never come back to you.

It's only once in a lifetime that we get a chance to rectify situations we messed up. Maybe this is mine.

We learn from our mistakes they say. But I? I not only learned from them but those mistakes made me a coward. Yes. That's what I am. Corinne Braylon who is afraid to give it a try once again. I know if I lose this time, if I get knocked on the floor, I would never be able to get up again.

I know I wouldn't be able to survive the pain this time but this chance, I don't wanna waste it. Because I know Cameron is worth it.

Maybe he's that person who'll change the way I think.. Change the way I live and break down every barrier that stands in his way to get to me. He said he wants me the other night when he dropped me home from the New Years Party. And all I did was just stare out of the car window. I didn't know what to say.

What he felt for me was lust I knew but somehow I felt it in my heart that it was something else. And even if he felt mere lust for me, I wanted to take my chances and change it. I wanted it to be something more. I wanted us to be something more. I wanted love.

I might have denied it earlier but now I knew I couldn't lie to myself anymore. I was eventually falling for him.

My mind kept on shouting warnings to me. Telling me that this fight between love and lust might end up in heartbreak but my heart told me the opposite. My heart told me things I would have never expected from myself.

"You know you have lust for him too.......what's wrong with you?......." My heart would say.

But somewhere deep inside I knew it was true. I did feel that same desire to have him all by myself as he did for me. I craved for his touch and his kisses........
But that was wrong. I had been used earlier in my past just for pleasure.

It was just a simple break-up with my high-school boyfriend.

But that left me shattered to the heart's core and I was helpless. I was left with nothing but regrets. I lost what I thought was my friends. Everyone left me but Merleah and her family. She was the only one I had back then.

I put myself back together then and sealed my heart and made myself void of any emotions.

Then I was accepted at the best fashion designing university in New York and my journey of success started. My life changed entirely. I graduated with my major as a fashion designer and I was offered a job by the topmost fashion brand in Europe. I was named the youngest graduate and fashion expert in New York City and by my twenty-third birthday, I had reached the peak of the fashion industry.

My success gave me confidence and attitude that kept me at the top but inside I was afraid to let anyone come near me again. I was a coward. Just as I was today.

But Cameron was slowly melting my will and he was piercing through my barriers so easily.

For the first time in months, I had a genuine smile on my face while I sat working in my new office. We had just moved in to the new office building two days ago and the fashion show was in three days.

The intercom beeped bringing me out of my daydreams.
"In my office Corinne." Even his voice made me smile.

I got up from my chair and walked out of my office and knocked once before entering.
"What is it?" I said offering him a small smile.

"Are you busy?" He asked looking up from his laptop screen.
I smirked.
"Well.....not really......." I said softly.

He gestured me to come near.
"I can't find the file for Mr Hales' contract." He said. Smirking back.

I shrugged and started searching. I searched and I searched but I couldn't find it.

I looked around and found that I hadn't looked in the small cabinet beside Cameron's desk.

Sighing I went to the cabinet, opening it I bent over to pick the file I wanted.
Suddenly, I was pulled into something hard and I gasped while the file flew out of my hand and landed across the room onto the couch.

I gasped and found myself seated on Cameron's lap.
"That nice view of your ass turned me on......" He groaned into my ear. My face turned red and I looked down. His cool minty breath tickled my neck and I closed my eyes at the feelings it created.

His lips touched my neck and he breathed in slightly groaning. Trailing slow teasing kisses, he intertwined his hands with mine and then started sucking on my sweet spot. My grip on his fingers tightened and I gasped.

"You're making me go crazy......." He whispered.

His hands moved down my sides. His left hand rested on my waist while his right one caressed my legs.
"C...Cameron!" I stuttered trying to tell him to stop but I wasn't willing for him to stop. I knew it.

He slipped his hands further and started stroking my inner thighs and I moaned this time unable to restrain myself anymore.

I could feel butterflies attacking my stomach and the strange tingling sensation between my legs.

My chest began to rise and fall rapidly with every stroke and I began wriggling under his touch.

Hearing a groan from him, I turned so now I was facing him.

His fingers kept rubbing my thighs and I rubbed myself against his body. Suddenly his lips crashed to mine and I plunged my tongue into his mouth moaning in satisfaction.

He made me stand up and pinned me against the wall behind his desk. I could now feel the bulge his pants pressing against my aching thighs.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I straightened up my hair and dress before sitting down in a chair in front of his desk drinking water from the glass on his desk. He sat down in his chair smirking at me while I rolled my eyes.

He cleared his throat.
"Come in." He said in his authoritative tone.
I took deep breaths in an attempt to calm down my rapid breathing rate.

It was one of Cameron's business associates and he wanted to discuss some business about Cameron's chain of Chinese restaurants.

So I took my leave and went to finish the rest of my work for the day.

•••••••••••

Hi readers!
Short chapter I know but the good news here is even if the chapters are short, I'll try to update more often. :)
And I wanna thank you for the love you all gave me. I love you all so much.<3. 10K reads. I must say I couldn't have done this without you.

Keep reading and voting and stay safe and happy.

•••••••••••