*1

I stood in front of the gates tugging at my skirt in nervousness as I stared at the enlarged sign that said 'Jeguk High School'. 'What was I doing here?!'

I watched as people walked by in their groups, overhearing conversations about stock prices and the newest fashion arrivals. I had a really bad feeling about this but I had made a promise and I wasn't about to break it so I decided to suck it up as I straightened my blazer and walked through the gates, a sense of impending doom already bearing down on me.

I decided to do some sightseeing as I walked down the path, not only did I think it was a waste of land but rather than a school it looked more like some sort of famous landmark. '

'I guess you could say it was famous.' I grimly acknowledged

Finally entering the main building I walked towards what I hoped to be the principal's office as I looked at my reflection in distaste, honestly this was the first time in years I had worn a skirt and it was showing more than I thought necessary .

"Excuse me, where's the principal's office?" I asked stopping a passing student,

They glanced at me but did not stop, I was confused. 'Was there something on my face?' I thought as I once again looked at my reflection in the glass walls, there was nothing noticeably wrong so why were they acting like that?

"Are you lost?"

I swiftly turned around to see who the only sane person in this entire place was and found a sweet looking girl with shoulder length brown hair. "oh gosh yes! Thankyou! I don't know what's wrong with these people." I said shaking my head as students continued to walk by.

"They are always like that, what are you looking for?" The girl smiled at me

"Umm well I just started here so I was just wondering where the principal's office was." I said grinning back at her

"Oh well if you're new how about I take you to the teacher's room and they can help you get sorted?" she said pointing towards what I guessed to be the teacher's room.

We started walking when she suddenly turned in my direction, "by the way my name's Eun Sang." She said sticking her hand out as she smiled. I place my hand in hers as I replied.

I had finally got everything sorted and entered my class, "everyone settle down, we have a new student today." The teacher announced as she ushered me to the front of the classroom

"Ummm.... hi my name is Park Su Jin, nice to meet you all" I said bowing lightly

"You can sit there for now until we get a new desk and chair for you." The teacher said pointing to an empty table in the middle of the classroom

I slowly walked up to the desk before a girl suddenly grabbed my hand, "I wouldn't sit there if I was you." I would have expected this warning to be in concern but in truth there was nothing but a threat behind those words. I looked at her contemplating whether to continue or not but as I looked around the room for another seat I found none and so I decided to sit.

The day went on drearily as I continued to feel glares and stares from all across the room, it made me think about exactly whose seat I was sitting in.....slowly my mind drifted from my current situation to a certain someone I had met a few days ago.

FLASHBACK

"$10" the lady at the counter said as I nodded my head searching through my bag, 'where was my wallet?' I swiped my hand across the bottom of my bag yet I couldn't feel it anywhere.

"Ahjumma the instant ramen is finished!" a deep voice shouted form the back

I turned around to see a head of sleeked black hair popping out from in between the ailes. A natural predatorial gleam in those feline like eyes as they stared at me and then slowly moving onto the box of instant ramen behind me. I immediately took a step to block his path to my shopping. No way was he getting them, they were my life savours!