*10

The doors of the elevator opened as he got off when he saw her, at first he thought it was an illusion but as she went to get on the elevator he grabbed her wrist. The skin touching skin, confirming his mind that she was in fact real. What was she doing here? He had wanted to see her and here she was standing in front of him so without hesitation he wrapped himself around her, wanting to truly confirm that she really was there

_______________________

Su Jin stood there stiffly not sure what was going on as the unknown pair of arms stayed wrapped around her.

"Pogoshipta" (I missed you) the voice whispered softly

Su Jin rapidly blinked her eyes in surprise, she knew that voice. It belonged to.... Choi Young Do, what was he doing right now? Was he drunk? Maybe high? Su Jin although slightly wary of his current mental state let her body relax against him, slowly bringing up her arms and softly patting him on the back in an attempt to comfort him.

Choi Young Do continued to immerse himself in the comfort and calmness that he was feeling due to the small figure infront of him. He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that she was here, exactly when he had needed her. He couldn't understand how her presence made him feel so relaxed and... safe, how she was always there without him having said anything.

"No geunchana? (you alright?) Su Jin questioned softly as she slowly pushed away from him to look at his face having forgotten her own issues. She noticed the renewed bruise on his face and instantly her softness transformed into frustration.

"What the hell?!" she exclaimed as she grabbed his face and turned it to the side to get a better look at the bruise. Surprisingly Choi Young Do had made no move to avoid the contact unlike his reflex before when Rachel's mum had attempted to reach out for it.

"Seriously I leave you for what? 4 hours and this is what happens?"

If there was anything that drew him to her it was that she never once looked at him with pity or any sort of fear. He was tired of seeing that look from everyone even Cha Eun Sang would not stop. Maybe that's why he continues to provoke or play with Kim Tan because no matter what Kim Tan has never looked at him in those ways either.

Except that one time, suddenly images from that day when he had lost his mum flashed forward as he saw the look of pity in Kim Tan's young face.

"I ACTUALLY cannot believe you! I feel like the mother of an impossible child. I swear if I ever have a kid like you I'll never be able to sleep." She said as she crossed her arms and glared at him in distaste,

He loved the way she reprimanded him because to him it showed genuine care. A normal reaction is to console but all she does is tell him off and it does nothing to make him feel guilty, instead he feels almost elated. After all anger and frustration are genuine emotions that are difficult to fake. In a way he considered her a sort of mother figure for him, always there to stop him from doing the wrong thing and scolding him if he did.

Su Jin grabbed his arm as she dragged him in the direction of the door.

"Hurry up and open it before I break it. I can't believe you." She glared at him

"Well maybe you shouldn't have left me then." Choi Young Do said nonchalantly as he unlocked his door.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice. I'm not going to leave you by yourself again."