*16

"Actually I called for another reason..... I'm going to need you to come back soon..... let's just say there are some people who want to meet you."

____________________

"People?... what people? Urgh I have a bad feeling." Su Jin wondered out loud as she made her way to the front door of Young Do's house

"Hey at least let me give you a lift there."

Su Jin ignored Young Do's offer as she opened the door and stepped outside.

"YOU...." Choi Young Do was about to accuse Su Jin of coldness but as he opened his mouth, the words forming on the tip of his tongue he noticed the glare Su Jin sent his way. It was probably best not to add fuel to the fire that was currently burning behind her eyes. The real thing he wanted to say to her, or rather ask her was why she was being so touchy today. Usually if he said something that she didn't particularly find pleasing she would just ignore him altogether or tell him straight out but now she was like a reusable time bomb, blowing up every few minutes.

Choi Young Do watched Su Jin as she made her way to his bike, placing his helmet on her head and sitting down on the seat. Her size accentuated more than ever as she sat on the bike which was basically twice her size.

"How can such a small person have so much stubbornness." Choi Young Do asked himself as he got on the bike. His words were planned to be heard by him alone but it seemed he said that a bit too loud as he felt a rough tug on his ear.

"Mo(what)? Did you say something?" Su Jin questioned sweetly as she continued to pull his ear, watching over his shoulder as his face scrunched in pain.

"Ani(no)." Choi Young Do replied immediately as he placed his hand around Su Jin's wrist, gently trying to pry the offending fingers from his red ear.

"Kure(is that right)? I thought I heard something."

"I think you were imagining it." Choi Young Do said accompanied by a grateful sigh as Su Jin released his ear, he quickly put on his helmet to prevent her reaching either of his ears again as he started the bike and rode out of the main gates and onto the street.

"I just realised, I don't know where you live."

"You're not supposed to." Su Jin answered his question as she watched the cars driving beside them

"Wae(why)? If it's about your living conditions... don't worry I won't judge."

Maybe she was hiding a secret like Cha Eun Sang. After remembering his incident with Cha Eun Sang and her mother he figured it was probably best not to make the same mistake twice and leave it up to Su Jin to decide.

"Urgh never mind."

Su Jin was slightly surprised at how quickly he gave in regarding pursuing the topic, it wasn't like him to be so... accommodating to others. But WHY was she hiding it from him? It's not like she was living in undesirable circumstances..... Maybe she just didn't want to be treated as part of his society or perhaps she was afraid that he would change his attitude towards once he realised that she was just as well-off as him.

"Well then I'll just drop you off at the convenience store."

____________________

"Harabeoji, I'm home." Su Jin announced as she walked into the living area, to find her grandfather and another man sitting there.

"Aaaaahh so you're the Su Jin that abbu-nim (father-in-law) has been trying so hard to hide." The man laughed as he watched Su Jin carefully, an unpleasant feeling running up Su Jin's spine as she gave a slight bow to the man.

"Kunde ajusshi(but Mr), who are you?"

"Samcheon.(uncle)" The man said giving a hearty laugh while Su Jin turned towards her grandfather giving him a confused look as he ushered for her to sit down.

"Actually I have to go now, I just came to see uri Su Jin's face.... Ah cham don't forget what I said abbu-nim." The man said as he gave a slight nod to the both of them and made his way out.

Both Su Jin and her grandfather sat there quietly as he had his eyes glued to the table while she watched him carefully. The lines on his face seeming to have sunk deeper as his eyes lacked that twinkle that was normally visible. After a few more seconds of silence he took a deep breath as if he had cut off his own supply of oxygen until just now. He looked up at Su Jin as he gave her a soft smile.

"Aye.... Why do you look like you're older than me? What's with that expression?"

"I should be asking you that! You're the one that's making me worry." Su Jin said as she pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Araseo, araseo mianhae(I get it, I get it, I'm sorry)!" He said placing both his hands in front of him in defence as a genuine smile made its way onto his features, lighting them up.

He sat there as he continued to watch his granddaughter while she puffed her cheeks in annoyance. It had been quite some time since anyone had worried over him with such ferocity, merely thinking about it made him feel better.

As one gets older, they develop a better understanding of the way people work and especially once they get to his age they realise that the care and supposed respect the elderly receive from the younger generations are more out of courtesy rather than sincerity. But the affection or even attitude one receives from those who are still children is always full of sincerity. Maybe it was just him thinking this way because everyone around him is only there to get something out of it and so as he got older and observed the people around him he became more cynical. However now he realised exactly how large a pit of loneliness he had originally fallen into. That light that had been missing from his life ever since his son had left him was back in the form of his granddaughter. If she wanted and he was able to, he would buy the whole world for her but ever since she got here never had she once asked for anything. In fact he wished she would, so that he could compensate for all those years where he was barely able to do anything for her.

What was he going to do about this new situation though? He wanted Su Jin to have everything she wants and for her to live her life the way she wants. Was he willing to drag her into this situation? He knew that if he asked or requested she would leave everything and do it because that's the type of person she was. However he did not want her to do it out of obligation or because her conscience made the decision.

"Harabeoji, chincha guenchana?(grandpa are you really okay?)' Su Jin questioned, worry etched on her face,

"Au? Mmm I'm just getting old.... Really fast... Su Jinah otokhae?(what do I do?) what if I don't live long enough to see my great grandchildren? Hurry up and get married! Do you want me to convince that guy you've been seeing recently? I'm sure once I'm through he definitely won't say no." he winked as he watched the pink on his granddaughter's face darken by multiple shades.

"HARABEOJI?!" Su Jin exclaimed in embarrassment as she covered her face with her hands,

Her and Choi Young Do

Just the thought of it sent goosebumps and made her face scrunch.

"But....was that man really my uncle?" I never knew appa(dad) had a brother....." Su Jin said, curiosity clearly all over her face.

"Actually your appa had a sister.... That's her husband."

Su Jin's eyebrows rose higher than they had when she learned how babies were made, "how come I've never met her?"

Her grandfather gave a little smile as he gazed at Su Jin affectionately, "it's because she's hasn't been around for a while."

Su Jin felt the curiosity drain out of her as she fell silent, a sudden urge to hug him as she realised how alone he must have felt these past years. If there was anything she could do for him, she probably would.

A/N: sorry, short chapter :/ but what do you guys think this new situation is?