Prologue

3 months ago...

I chucked my school bag onto my bed and headed straight towards my laptop.

I opened up Skype and saw that Ashton was still online.

And so I called him.

After that catchy ring ended, Ashton's face appeared on my screen. His glasses were off and he was wearing a red bandana. His eyes had dark circles under them.

"Why the hell are you still up?" I asked.

"Put me to sleep," he groaned, getting out of his chair and jumping onto his bed behind him. "I've been trying for hours."

"Seems like it," I raised an eyebrow. "Counted sheep?" "Done." "Curled your toes?" "Done." "Turned the laptop off?" "Fuck that idea."

I laughed. Ashton always has a way of making me laugh.

"Any brilliant strokes of creativity today?" He asked, throwing a pillow across his room. "I got my story back. The one with the golden crow." "That was a great story. What did your teacher say?" "That it was a little above my level, no big deal."

Ashton sat up quickly and stared at me wide-eyed. "What?!"

He scurried out of his bed, sat on his chair and pulled out a broken drumstick from nowhere. "You tell your teacher that Juliet Hazelwood's stories are the best ever written in history and if he disagrees to so Mr. Irwin will fly first-class to America specifically to whack him."

"Or you could just come and visit me." I smiled. He lowered the drumstick and sighed. "I definitely would. But whacking your teacher is a first-level priority." I laugh again. He cracks a tired smile.

"Go to sleep, Irwin," I said. "You're not my mum, Hazelwood," Ashton retorted, sticking out his tongue. "Good night, Ashton." I smirk. He sighed. "Bye, Juliet." I hung up.

A/N: This is more like a blurb I don't know if it should be considered a prologue lol