10

I clenched my teeth.

"Yeah. That would be nice."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Ashton. We can give this a try. I'd go out with you."

"Oh, wow. Wow. I wasn't expecting you to accept me."

"Don't be ridiculous," I smirked, looking up at him. "I wouldn't reject you for anyone." "Well, maybe your books," he smiled. "Okay. Um, so how about I take you out next Saturday?" "Alright. But you have to tell me where we're going."

"One more question."

"Shoot."

"Will you accept my kisses?"

I smirked. "Of course." As soon as I answered, his lips fell on mine. It felt great to kiss him.

He retracted and I saw he was blushing. We continued to enjoy the silence and beauty for a while.

*********************

from cal pal: hey is it true?
to cal pal: depends
from cal pal: are you going out with ash?
to cal pal: yep
from cal pal: oh my gosh
from cal pal: we need to celebrate
to cal pal: why? And don't, please
from cal pal: I'm ordering pizza and coming to fetch u

It was only a Monday.

Two days since he asked me out.

But my heart was still like an explosive dynamite.

Calum was the second closest to me and Ashton's roommate for six months. There was no way he couldn't have known.

My face fell when I realised Ashton was only here for six months. Then he'd go back to Australia and Ella would come back.

God, Ella.

She hasn't talked to me since Monday. I stared at our previous conversations. I wonder if she'd made new friends and forgot about her old life here.

I certainly hope not.

I put on my headphones and played Heartbreak Girl while reading The Book Thief. I read for fifteen satisfactory minutes before I heard a knock on the door.

"Open up before I bash down your door! This is Calum Hood!"

I laughed and opened the door. Calum immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me outside.

"Please tell me you're okay with chicken pepperoni and extra cheese."

"Totally fine with it."

"Phew." Calum wiped his forehead. "Well then? Let's go!" He jumped off the doorstep and ran towards the car. "Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked, getting into the car. "Because I'm afraid Mikey might eat all the pizza as soon as it gets there." Calum grinned.

The Michael I knew would definitely do that.

We drove over to the boys' house. Calum was about to dramatically kick down the door before Erin opened it and shook her head with disapproval. "Sorry not sorry," Calum grinned as he walked in. Erin turns to me. "I apologise for everything he's done. Pizza's on the counter." I nodded and walked in. The house was half clean, as if they had a party last night and only started to clean up before I came. Luke was snoozing on the couch and Michael was devouring pizza like a beast. When he saw me, he gave me a thumbs up.

But where was Ashton?

"Have a seat, have a seat, you're the reason why we have pizza," Michael gestured to the seat across from him. "I knew you were going to eat all of it," Calum sighed, dropping the car keys on the table. "Thankfully I ordered three boxes." "Have some!" Michael grinned, handing me a slice of pizza. "Oh, thanks," I smiled, taking a bite out of the pizza.

"Oh, hey, you're here!"

I looked up and saw Ashton coming down from the stairs. "Hey," I smiled. "Who ordered pizza?" He asked, sitting next to me. "I did, you dipshit," Calum laughed. "Thanks, man," Ashton said, reaching over and grabbing a slice. Michael grabbed three slices. I stared at him. "What? A guy can't protect his pizza?" We all laughed.

"Hey, Ash," Calum said. "Pizza or Juliet?" "Uh," Ashton grinned, looking at me. "Pizza." "Then what was the point of asking me out? To get her jealous?" I joked. "Well, of course. Nah, I'd rather a lifetime with Juliet than a lifetime supply of pizza."

Suddenly, a cushion came flying out of nowhere and hit Ashton on the side of his face. "Dear God, I can hear your cheesiness from here, I beg you to stop!" Luke groaned, turning over on the sofa. Ashton laughed and threw the cushion back.

It amazed me how close these guys were. I wish I had a group of friends I could hang around, be myself and have a couple of inside jokes with. But I'm quite content with being alone.

The boys and I hung around for a while. Calum sent me back home when it started to turn dark. That night, I laid in bed, sprawled out with Paramore's The Only Exception playing from my laptop. I wondered how having a group of friends would be like. It would be nice to explore that territory, but I'm always limiting myself.

Then I thought of Ashton.

At least I was lucky to have him.

A/N : alright quick and short chapter because I hAVE EXAMS ON TUESDAY OH MEH GERD

anyways, i just have a thought i'd like to share

right, so one day the boys will date people

and i probably won't care about whoever they date. But the one thing I will care about is 1) how they treat the fandom 2) how they treat the other boys.

Does anyone agree with me?

Please vote if you enjoy this story. Comment your thoughts on my thought. <3