15

Waking up next to Ashton seemed like the most natural thing I've ever experienced.

I still remember last night. It played like a video over and over again, twisting itself into a memory burned in my mind.

When I opened my eyes, soft light was flooding the room. Ashton was sitting on the end of the bed.

"Oh. Good morning," Ashton said, looking over his shoulder when I yawned.

"Shut up. I want to sleep again," I murmured, closing my eyes.

"I'll get breakfast for you, then." Ashton said. I immediately sat up. "No, I'll get myself breakfast. I can't trust you with food."

He laughed and messed up my hair. Not like it wasn't messy already.

"You know me so well, Hazelwood." "Shut up, Irwin."

We headed downstairs. "I told you, Luke, it's going to burn the house down!" We heard Michael hiss. I walked into the kitchen to find Luke wearing a yellow apron, sweat beads trickling down his face as he tried to work out the stove. Michael, on the other hand, had a baking pan as a shield and a ladle of the house.

Luke looked relieved when he saw me.

"Ah, good morning, Juliet," he grinned. "Me and Michael, uh, tried to make breakfast, but, I have no clue how to work a stove."

"Hey, don't bring me into this," Michael shook his head, lowering the ladle.

I laughed. "It's okay," I said, taking the apron off Luke and folding it up. "You guys go ahead and wait. I'll be a woman of the house and make breakfast."

"You have no idea how much that means to me," Michael said, heading out to the living room as I turned off the fire. "I'm hungry." "Thanks, Juliet." Ashton said, kissing my cheek before joining the rest.

I kicked some ass in the kitchen and whipped up some pancakes. Surprisingly, they actually went grocery shopping and got a good supply of food compared to the first time I've been in the house.

I took out five plates and stacked three pancakes on each plate. I took out a jug of orange juice and prepared a drink for each. And, of course, I served them.

"Whoa," Calum said, eyes widened, when I put down the pancakes in front of him. "Hey, I want pancakes too!" Michael stood up. "Sit down or you're getting one." I said firmly. "Yes, mother," Michael snorted.

When I finally joined them on breakfast, I realised that I was quite good as cooking. As my dad would say, 'fit for a husband.'

Not that I was thinking of having one just yet, of course.

"What about we hire Juliet to be our personal chef?" Michael suggested. "Michael Gordon Clifford," Luke raised an eyebrow. "Don't call me Gordon, Robert!" Michael huffed. We all laughed.

******************

"I want to go somewhere today," Ashton wondered out loud. We were in the living room. He was browsing through the channels as my head was resting on his lap, scrolling through Buzzfeed.

"Didn't Michael go out to that mall already?" "Well, yeah," Ashton shrugged. "I mean, we can go to an ice cream parlour or something. I just don't want to stay at home all day."

"Well, you know what we can do?" I said, looking up at him. "What?" He asked. "We can just write songs. Maybe watch some old TV show from 2005." "That could do, I guess," he sighed. "I'll go get my notepad."

He went to get his 'idea pad', then came back with two pencils and the little notepad and we started to write songs. There was this one song which we both laughed at. English Love Affair.

"Although as much as I like this song," Ashton grinned. "I think we'd better let Michael finish it." "I hear my name!" We looked at the front door, where Michael bursted in. Ashton and I grinned at each other. "What?" Michael asked.

"Thoughts and remarks," Ashton said, tossing him the notepad. Michael read through it and laughed. "Let's head down to the basement and finish this off. Oh God, I have the perfect lyric to replace this one," Michael chuckled, heading down to the basement.

A/N : Short because I felt like a quick update before I go to bed :)

Please vote this chapter if you enjoy this story and comment how often you use Wattpad (i.e before bed, after school, etc.)

Writer & Drummer // a.iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें