14

Surprisingly, Rachel and I talk a lot more often.

Whenever I slam my locker door, she'd be behind it, her green hair not helping her hide well from the crowd. In fact, you could probably see Rachel coming from a couple of miles away.

She was that noticeable.

So we started to talk and slowly became friends.

On Friday, I was eating lunch with the boys as usual, sneaking Ashton some tickles under the table. I loved hearing him laugh.

When Michael was bringing up the 'serious' issue of lack of pizzas served in school, Danielle walked over.

"Hey," she smiled brightly. I only stared blankly at her. There was some awkward silence before Luke cleared his throat.

"Do you have anything to say to us," he raised an eyebrow. "Or are you just going to stand there like a shrub?" Michael snickered.

Danielle took a deep breath and plastered on yet another smile.

"I just wanted to invite you guys to my party tonight. It's going to be a blast. My place." She grinned. "I'm not going without Juliet." Ashton said. "If Ash isn't going, I'm not going." Calum shrugged. "If Calum doesn't go, I have no choice but to stay with him." Michael said, staring at Luke.

He sighed. "If Mikey's not going," he shook his head. "I won't go."

Danielle glared at me. "Fine," she muttered. "She's invited too."

"Great," Luke clapped. "We may or may not come." "Just telling you guys," Danielle shrugged before heading back over to her table.

"But what if I don't want to go?" I asked. "Just this once?" Michael asked. I bit my lip. Often I'm far from peer pressure. "If you don't want to go, it's totally fine," Ashton smiled, holding my hand. "It's okay," I nodded. "I'll give it a try."

"Yes!" Michael punched the air. We all laughed.

**********************

"Hey, are you going to Danielle's party?" Rachel asked. "Yeah," I nodded. "You?" "Of course." "Oh, that's cool. I'll see you tonight, then." "Right. See you then." Rachel waved. We parted ways.

*********************

from ash: *image sent* does this scream 'I am the best party man alive' or what

I looked at the picture. Ashton was wearing a green flannel shirt with his signature black skinny jeans. I laughed.

to ash: Totally. I'm laughing so hard right now.

from ash: don't make fun of me
from ash: can I see you?
from ash: never mind, I want to be surprised by your beauty ;)
to ash: what a gentleman.
from ash: I know. We're leaving now, can't wait to see you xx

I hated the fact I couldn't steal Claire's Honda and drive myself. I was only a year younger. At least it was nearing the end of October, two more months until the end of the year.

And next year, I'll finally turn 18 on February 15.

"Where are you going all dressed up tonight?" Claire asked me. "Party," I answered bluntly. "I'll be back before ten. I don't want to stay for long." "As long as you have your phone with you, I trust you."

I nodded and heard a car honk outside. "My boyfriend," I said unnecessarily. "See you later."

"Have fun."

I ran through the lawn and slipped into the backseat.

"Ready to have a fun little night?" Michael asked from the driver's seat. He had those shades on again. I quickly kissed Ashton before laughing. "Just drive, Michael."