5

When I was changing, my phone played a short measure of Avril Lavigne.

Someone was texting me.

The tone repeated twice. I pulled up my yoga pants halfway and flopped onto my bed, where my phone was. I picked it up and squinted at the screen.

I hated to admit it, but I think I may have sight problems.

Anyways, I've gotten a message from Ella.

from ellatown: g'day mate!
from ellatown: it's a bit boring here in australia
from ellatown: oops math teach is coming shh

I smiled. This was the Ella I knew. She's been texting in class since 8th grade, when she got her first phone.

to ellatown: haha. isn't it 11am or something over there?
from ellatown: sure is
from ellatown: i miss you. k bye
to ellatown: blink 182

from unknown number: hey this is Ashton :) xx

Ashton?

to unknown number: when i was 12 what was my first ever board game
from unknown number: guess who. you lost 7 times and won 13 in a course of 5 years. you keep it under your desk.

Only Ashton and I would know that weird bit of information. Did he memorise it?

to Bean Bag: ok I believe you.
from Bean Bag: i'm so awake. Skype?

I didn't need anymore questions.

I launched out from the messaging app and opened up Skype. I called Ashton and he answered.

"Hi!" He grinned at me. "Hey. Where are you staying?" I asked, settling my phone on my bedside table so I wouldn't have to hold my phone up.

"This house the school rented. I'm roomies with Calum. Cal, say hi." Ashton said, looking away from the camera. "Hey!" I heard Calum yell from across the room. I laughed.

"Hi, Calum," I smiled. Ashton grinned and focused back on his camera. "So, you need a ride tomorrow?" "What?" "Michael's got a license and rented a car." That quick? "I guess." "Great. Anyways, I can't sleep." "Can you dream tonight?"

Ashton smiled, his dimples deeper than a sinkhole. "I need somebody. This is why you're my friend." "He means more than-" "Shut up, you asshole!" Ashton yelled, cutting off Calum by throwing the pillow he was laying on at him. I heard Calum laugh uncontrollably. Suddenly the lights went off.

"You're an asshole, mate!" Ashton laughed. "I'm Michael's asshole!" Calum said. I couldn't see him in the dark, but I knew he was smiling.

"So, I guess this is it. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Juliet."

"Goodnight, Ash. See you tomorrow."

I hung up the call, plugged my charger into my phone, left it on the bedside table and turned off my lamp.

I could sleep in peace knowing Ashton didn't hate me.

A/N : this is quite short idk why i just had a great idea for a filler/blurb

omg my English teacher is one of the best. He keeps making dirty and 5sos references that he doesn't even understand poor him

Please vote this chapter if you've enjoyed and comment something about your English teacher, if you have one. If not, then comment what you think about mine.