12

I guess we were so exhausted we slept until 11am.

I was the first to wake up, of course.

Our legs were tangled. He was facing me, his face calm and closed off. Completely vulnerable.

I sighed. This was a pretty good scene. If I could turn this into poetry, which I'm terrible at, I'd be proud.

But now, I would just like to stare at Ashton's beautiful face.

But of course, I couldn't do that as well.

I sat up, slowly retracting my leg under his. He grunted. I froze. He didn't move, so I assumed it was safe.

I got out of bed and headed downstairs, to the kitchen. I saw a girl who wasn't Erin, who had light blue dye at the tips of her blonde hair. She was grabbing cereal from the top cabinet. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Well, hello. I see that Calum's taken home a girl already."

"Oh, um, I'm Ashton's-" I stopped. Did this make me his girlfriend? We went on a date yesterday, but I didn't know what that meant. He only asked me out on a date.

"Don't worry," the girl smirked, running her fingers through her hair. "Labels are weird. I'm Rachel."

"Juliet," I nodded. "Do you mind if I have breakfast here?" "It's no problem," she shrugged, handing me a bowl and the box of cereal. "It's not like you'll get into jail for it."

"Thanks." I said, pouring the cereal into the bowl.

Clank clank clank clank.

One after another.

"So, basically, you know Ashton?" Rachel asked, sitting down at the dining table. I joined her. "Yeah," I nodded again. "We've been friends for quite a long time."

She nodded. "I've only heard of him when I was chosen to exchange."

"Oh."

"Is this a little party?"

We looked up at the stairs and saw Calum coming down. "Hey, I didn't see you last night," I said. "I crashed at Muke's," Calum shrugged, sitting across from me. "Didn't want to interrupt you and Ashton and whatever shit you got up to last night."

"Hey! We only slept next to each other!"

"Sure," Calum winked.

He started humming the tune of Heartbreak Girl. I looked up and saw that Rachel had disappeared, leaving every trace of her existence invisible.

"You'll get used to that," Calum said. "Rachel's like a shadow. She likes it. We're okay with it. But she's not a figment of imagination, though."

"Sounds like a great life."

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and a kiss placed on my forehead. I looked up and saw a sleepy Ashton. "Hey," I smiled. "Hey," He replied, preparing himself some cereal.

"I hope I didn't suffocate you or something last night."

"Nah. I'm still breathing."

"Great point."

"Hey, want me to send you back later?"

"Of course. At three?"

"Three's too early to leave!"

I didn't even need to turn. Michael jumped off the stairs and Luke slugged behind him. "I smell pizza," Michael sniffed. "Do we have any more pizza?"

"You ate all of them last night, you shithead," Luke murmured. "Right. At least we have cereal." Michael smiled.

We all laughed.

Maybe this was my second family. Where I belong.

A/N: short because idk I just idk

I've been so addicted to Outer Space / Carry On. So good, good job 5sos (if you're ever reading this which is a never lol but hey a girl can dream right)

Also, what's up with a daddy kink? I know Ashton is joked to have one. But then I see lots of fanfics with daddy kinks and I'm kinda confused. wHAT IS THIS GENERATION

Please vote this story if you enjoyed it. Comment your thoughts on Outer Space / Carry On. <3