7

I waved to Ashton as he drove away.

I walked in the house to find it empty. I sigh and went upstairs to my room.

I finished up all of my homework. I browsed through Tumblr and laugh at most of the amazing blogs I follow.

Then I remembered about my car ride home. I smiled. Then I thought, hey, I can get this further.

I took out my blue notebook. At the very top, I wrote:

Long Way Home

And started to write lyrics.

I finished somewhere around 7pm, when I heard my mum come home. I made dinner for myself and went back upstairs to shower. I called Ashton and we talked about school and absolute nonsense. Then he had to hang up because the showers were finally free and if he didn't slip in Michael might take an hour.

Before I slept, I read my lyrics. They seemed to fit like puzzle pieces. I went to sleep feeling proud.

I have to show the boys.

***********************

Luke and Ashton were having a small argument about guitar picks.

I honestly had no idea how that topic sprung up, but I didn't want to know. I sat down next to Ashton, who smiled at me for a bit and continued to fight.

Somebody who stands his ground.

Michael joined and Calum came a little later than usual. We talked about school, Michael pointed out girls he'd like to bang (which made me a little uncomfortable as most of them were the popular girls) and then I brought out the topic.

"Hey, Ashton," I whispered as Michael and Luke talk about this girl in their calculus class. "Hi, Juliet," he whispered back. I slipped out my blue notebook and handed it to him under the table. He looks surprised at first, but when he flipped it open, he looked impressed.

Then he came to Long Way Home.

"Whoa," he murmured. I grin. He skimmed through it and looked up at me. "Can I... Can I show the boys?" I nodded. He turned towards the boys.

"Guys," he smiled, laying the blue notebook in the middle of the table. "Ooh! Diary!" Luke laughed. Calum read through it and looked up at me. "Did you write this?" "Ashton kind of partially inspired me," I blurted out. "But it's three-quarters finished." Ashton smiles at me. I feel like it was worth it.

"Whoa, this is so good," Luke nodded. He looked up at me with his intense blue eyes. "You've got to come back with us today. We can make up a tune, you can finish writing!" "Great idea! Let's abduct Hazelwood!" Michael laughed.

"Only if you want," Ashton shrugged. "Or I can fend these guys off while you run home." "It's fine," I said. "I guess I can come over today. You guys okay with it?" "I just invited you! I'm totally okay with it!" Luke exclaimed. I laugh.

These boys were such good friends.

*********************

"This is our casa," Michael said, dropping his bag by the door. "We share with five other people. That's nine teenagers under one roof."

I was too shy to put my bag down on the floor recklessly, so I put mine neatly on the couch. "The basement is where the boys play. The girls are always up on ground. So let's head down there." Luke said, opening a door by the kitchen and heading down.

I looked over at Ashton, who shrugged, and followed them down. Luke turned on the lights and revealed a room maybe twice the size of my bedroom that seemed perfect for a hangout place.