6

I was eating breakfast when a car honked outside. "Who'd it be early this morning," my dad mumbled as he put down the daily paper and checked outside.

I watched his face crinkle. It was a horrible thought to think that he was getting older and won't last longer.

"There's a teenager standing outside a car, waving at the house," my dad said, recoiling from the window and turning to me. "Do you know these fellows, Juliet?"

"Oh, I think they're my school friends," I said, wide-eyed. I thought Ashton was joking when he said Michael had a car.

"Well then, don't keep them waiting!" Mum cried out, sweeping away my bowl of cereal and handing me my bag. I hugged her and my dad and left the house.

Sure enough, Ashton was leaning against a black car, his arms crossed and a cheeky smile on his face. "Good morning," he greeted, opening the front passenger seat. I giggled. "Good morning, Ash." I slipped in and saw that Michael had shades on, one hand on the steering wheel. Calum and Luke were in the back, on their phones.

"All right, Miss Hazelwood, where are we heading to today?" Michael asked as Ashton slammed the door shut and slipped inside the car himself. "Oakley High School, please," I grin. These boys were so cheerful in the morning.

Michael grins too. "And so we shall go. Hai-ya!"

***********************

After school, I went to the car park, as that was where Michael's car was. I saw Ashton was there alone, leaning against the driver's door while reading a book. "Hey," I smiled. "Where are the rest?" He looked up at smiled. "Hey. Michael told me he, Luke and Calum are going to some hangout place downtown. So I guess I'll be taking you home today."

"Sounds like a good plan," I said, getting into the car as soon ash Ashton unlocks it. He gets in himself and starts up the engine. "Hey, Ashton," I said, looking into his eyes.

Big mistake.

His hazel eyes what were verging on brown and green sort of mesmerised me. They seemed to smile at me, even.

"Hey, Earth to Juliet," I heard Ashton chuckle. I snap out of my daze and look at him. He laughed. "What did you want to say?" "Oh. I was just thinking... Can we take the long way home? I kind of want to spend a little more time with you."

At this, he grinned from ear to ear. "Sure. We can take the long way home."

He reverses out of the car park and goes down a road I don't know. But I put my trust in him and let the fact slide. "So, we're taking the long way home," Ashton said, almost melodically. "I don't want to be wasting my time alone," I smiled. Ashton had a surprised look.

"I wanna get lost and drunk in America. Sounds like a fun experience. Too bad I'm underage." "We can keep talking about nothing, you and me." "I'll be honest. This sounds like a good song." "It does." Ashton looked at me for a brief moment. He smiled, then focused back on the road.

"Hey America!" He yelled. I laugh. "Ashton, what are you doing?" "Juliet Hazelwood and Ashton Irwin are taking the long way home! We're gonna get lost and drunk forever and keep talking about nothing! We're taking the long way home!" He continued. I can't breathe because I'm laughing so hard.

Ashton looks over at me, as if to check if he really made me laugh, then laughed at himself.

What a fool.

A/N : YAY NEW CHAPTER. IF THIS IS SHORT, DON'T WORRY, I'M DOING ANOTHER CHAPTER AS WE SPEAK

YAY DOUBLE UPDATE! :D

Please vote if you enjoy this story and comment whatever you'd like :3