The fine line between love and like

Btw the photo is Laila, Avery's friend From the last chapter. Hope you like this chapter!!!

I made a slight rip on one end so it wouldn't tear the whole paper. I did the same on the other end and it popped of the box with barely any damage to the present.

I saw on the box a little star that said, ' Two stars in one', that was written in the finest print ever made with gold lining on the black velvet box.

I stared at Laila in a facial expression that was mixed with surprise, shock, and awe.

"What is this?", I said with a half smile on my face, a tear about to stream down my cheek.

"Look inside", she whispered.

I opened the little box and saw a necklace with stars surrounding the moon. I looked up to see tears in her eyes, as her and I both had them cascading off our cheeks.

"What is this? What is this for? Why for me, if all people...", I said before Laila managed to cut me off.

"Do you remember that night when I still lived in London and we were best of mates? And we would go on our terrace and look up at the sky, and name them?"

I remembered that moment. Before she moved here 6 years ago, she would always sneak into my room at night and we would sneak up the the Roof where there was a terrace that over looked the bright city of London.

A tear ran down my cheek as I was embraced in her warm body.

The moment was broken when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked around to see Luke with flowers in his hand, staring into my teal blue eyes as I looked into his cold royal blue eyes.

"Hi," he said shyly rubbing the back of this neck with his hand as if he was nervous. "Hi Luke, what's up?", I replied.

"I was wondering if you could go to the dance with me?"

I was shocked. But I know what my answer was, "No. Sorry". Laila looked shocked at my reply.

"What?". He asked, shocked.
"I can't do that. You are dating Meghan
Melonachy, and your going with her to the dance. I also don't LOVE you like that." I replied.

"But don't you LOVE me?" He asked.

"There is a fine line between love and like.", I said, and with that, Laila and I left, going to our next class, Chemistry.

Hope you liked this long chapter!