Chapter 4

Ally's POV

I had a radio interview early the next morning. Mom had decided what I was going to wear as usual. It was a highlighter green tank top with a white lace crop top over the top. It was paired with black shorts and gold sandals. Mom was already dressed in her usual suit and skirt combo.

"Now, we have quite a few interviews to do today so hurry along," she snapped as I followed her out to the car while rolling my eyes.

The first one was in the middle of town and the traffic was terrible. Cam was texting me though so that made it bearable.

Cam: I hope that it is better in LA than in Kansas City

Me: Why are you in Kansas?

Cam: Some business meeting that I was probably meant to be listening to

Me: You'll get in trouble one day

Cam: What are they going to do? Put me in detention

Me: I'm heading to another fucking interview

Cam: At least I don't have to do that

"Ally, stopping texting we are here," Mom snapped.

I sent Cam a quick text before putting it away as Mom marched me into the radio station.

The interviews past quickly but I was arguing with Mom. I was trying to get out of the last interview but she wasn't having any of it. I really don't understand why all the media couldn't just band together and do one massive interview rather than me having to go to six billion.

They try to be interesting but they get boring and always ask the same questions. I guess I just have to deal with it.

"Now, you have another meeting and then the studio is booked so we can start on new music," Mom said once we left the radio station.

"Mom, I want to spend the evening with Ana," I said.

"No, and I have changed my mind about what song you are going to release next."

"What is it now?"

"I was thinking "No Place Like Home.""

"I don't get a say in this though."

"Ally, I know what is best. Now we have meetings."

"Mom, hasn't every occurred to you that I want to do something that I actually enjoy."

"I don't know where you got this attitude from but we well be talking about it," she snapped clearly ending the discussion.

I sat there in my room and I could hear Mom yelling at someone on the phone. I didn't have anyone to call because Cam was in some meeting, Ana is at the movies with Clark and Tara isn't answering her phone. I had found a book but I was on page 4 and wasn't getting much further in the ten minutes I had been looking at the same page.

I heard Mom stop yelling so I hoped it was safe to go out and find food. I was really hoping that she had left because there is no way that she would let me snack on something. According to her that she the wrong way to go and the label won't like me if I'm not skinny. I just roll my eyes when she says that.

I stepped out of my room and ran straight into her. There goes my hope of getting food.

"Ally, I was just about to get you. We have to talk," she smiled.

I just rolled my eyes. She uses the 'We have to talk' sentence most days so she is probably telling me that some magazine thought I was wearing the wrong shade of nail polish with a dress I wore.