Chapter 10

Ally's POV

Tara arrived the next day and we decided to spend the day at Ana's. This was a bonus for me because then I didn't have to talk to my Mom. She still didn't see my point so I wasn't talking to her. It was nice to be able to spend a day with the three of us again.

We had the usual gossip session so that we could all catch up on what we were doing. Ana and Tara had obvious heard about my life but I had to explain a few things like the fact that Parker and I weren't actually dating.

Tara was very disappointed with this because she thought that we would make an amazing couple. I disagreed with her but didn't say that he was gay. That was his secret, not mine.

"Um, guys I have something to add," Ana whispered.

Both Tara and I turned our attention to her and sat there staring at her because we knew it made her uncomfortable. She glared at both of us and we laughed.

"Last week, Clark proposed to me and I said yes," she told us.

Tara and I kept staring at her and she raised her eyebrows, wondering what we were thinking.

"You kept this from us," I said probably voicing both of our thoughts.

"Well, I knew that Tara was coming here so I wanted to do it in person," Ana said sheepishly.

"Congratulations," Tara and I said together.

"I forgot that you two talk together. Anyway, Ally will you be my maid of honour and Tara and bridesmaid?" she asked.

"I'd be honoured," we said together.

"Oh, look we did it again."

"Who are the other bridesmaids?" we asked together and cracked up.

"I was thinking my sister and a friend from college," she said.

Tara and I quickly forgave Ana for not telling us about her engagement and started to gossip about details. Clark came home a few hours later and we confronted him about not telling us. He just laughed though and headed upstairs to leave us to our girls night.

Tara suggested making pizza and we all trouped into the kitchen. I was reaching for the flour when I accidentally hit Tara in the face. She was quick to scoop up a handful and throw it at me, covering my face.

Ana quickly packed up the rest of the ingredients so nobody threw them before joining in. I was at an unfair position because Ana and Tara teamed up against me. To end the fight Tara sat on the bench and dumped the whole container on me. I stood there in shock for a minute and let the flour fall onto the ground while the others laughed.

Clark must have heard us because he came down at saw me. He also began to laugh. I walked towards me and he sensibly started to run away.

I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around his neck. This coated his back in flour and he quickly dumped me on the floor. I lay there for a moment before rushing into the bathroom to shower before the others could.

The water washed away the flour and I stood under the water for five minutes to make sure that I was clean of flour. I hopped out and headed into Ana's bedroom. I had a rummage round trying to find my clothes that I had left here.

I found a box hidden in the bottom of the same drawer. I pulled on the leggings and shirt before sitting on the bed and opened the box. Inside was a bunch of handwritten letters that were all opened but back in the envelopes.

The first ones were about nine years old and addressed to Ana, so from when we were at high school, in our freshman year to be exact. I opened the first one and started to read.