Chapter 11

Ally's POV

Max and I were awake a long time before Parker.

"How did you get together with Parker?" I asked.

"I was openly gay at high school and Parker and I were kind of friendly. When he realised that he was gay we got talking and went out on a couple of dates and here we are," he said adding jazz hands for emphasis.

Parker walked into the kitchen, groaning. He was shirtless and his didn't look awake. Max wrapped one arm around him and pulled him closer.

"So, any funny stories about Parker then?" I asked.

Max smirked at Parker which made him scowl.

"I'm going to tell the story whether you want me to not," Max teased.

Parker scowled again but sat down on the bench and let Max talk.

"There was this time that Parker was trying to cook. The smoke alarm started to go off and he didn't know what was burning. He was running around trying to find it and it was the toaster. He was looking everywhere and couldn't find it until he knocked it off the bench and it fell on his foot," Max told me.

I started laughing and Parker pushed Max onto the floor from his position on the bench. Max managed to pick himself off the floor and slowed walked away from Parker who was now scowling at me because I am still laughing.

I made the mistake of looking at my phone and I saw the messages piling up. Most of them were from Ana and Tara wondering where I was. There was one from Mom though. I wasn't surprised she knew about the secret phone. I guess nothing is private for me.

I deleted all of the messages without reading them. Parker noticed me doing this but he didn't say anything.

Max and Parker had other friends that they were going to meet so I left them to do that. They invited me but I didn't want to impose. Cam was in another meeting so I didn't have anywhere to go. I was getting more texts from Ana but Tara had given up. She must have stayed at Ana's last night.

I headed home and Mom was already standing in the doorway before I had reached the door.

"Ally, it is nice to see you," she sneered and pushed me inside.

"I can't say the same to you. I guess that nothing in my life is personal," I snapped.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Does the letters that you wrote to Ana ring a bell?" I asked.

"Ally, you don't understand how important you are."

"Important enough that you have to get my ONLY friends to spy on me?"

"I think that you are having some bad influences in your life," she said.

I then began to realise that I shouldn't have bothered coming home. I didn't want to be yelled at and have Mom arguing with me. Instead of there and continuing to talk with her I headed upstairs. She started yelling at me again but I shut my door and started music going loudly.

Parker offered me a place to stay so I packed some clothes and headed back to his place. Max wasn't there and Parker managed to convince me to go to the grocery store with him. He had a list of food that he needed which surprised me. Parker didn't seem like a very organised person.

We ran into Cam at the grocery store. Parker and Cam started talking about someone that I didn't know. Cam had to leave for another meeting. The one good thing about music is there are less meetings.

"You know that he likes you," Parker said while we were looking at cereals.

"What, Cam likes me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, idiot," he said smacking on the back of the head. I scowled at him and we continued.

Parker was very picky about the food that we got. Everything had to be the right brand and the right size. By the end I was thinking of leaving him to do his own shopping but I didn't have anywhere to go. We ran into one of Parker's friends on the checkout and we started talking to him. By the time we got out the media was there.

"Someone must have recognised us," Parker whispered to me as we packed the stuff into the car.

"I kept forgetting that we are famous," I laughed.

I don't know if the media noticed that we weren't really acting like a couple but we were at the grocery store so you don't act much like a couple. Some of the media started to follow us but we didn't care.

I decided that I needed to go talk to Ana and Tara. I had to get this off my chest and find out what was happening. Tara had been staying with Ana so I just headed there. I stepped through the door and got bombarded by questions about where I have been.

Clark was there and he was about to leave the room but I suggested that he stayed. I wanted to know if he knew anything about this.

"I found the letters Ana," I said.

It took them a minute to understand what I was talking about. I'm guessing that Ana had told Clark because I understood what I was talking about.

"Ally, I don't think you understand," Tara started.

"Yeah, I don't. I don't understand why my only friends would start lying to me and betraying me," I snapped.

"Your Mom forced us to do it," Ana defended.

"You didn't have tell her the truth."

All three of them looked extremely sheepish as I glanced at all of them.

"Anyway that was the only reason I came," I said and headed out the door.

Tara called after me but it was too late, I wasn't turning around.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry it is very short and late. I have started school and have writer block and struggling to write.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One