Chapter 20

Ally's POV

"Yes, yes, yes," I said and wrapped both arms around his neck.

He spun me around before letting me down. He slipped the ring onto my finger and I got to admire it for the first time. It was a silver band with a sapphire in that middle of. It has gold swirls coming off it and it fit perfectly.

"Cam, I love it, but how will this help me?" I asked.

"If you get married then you can change your name and get out of your contract," he said.

"Oh my God, Cam you are a genius," I said and kissed him.

Parker clearly knew about it because he hugged me when we meet up again. He grabbed my hand and admired it.

"You did well, man," Parker said.

"Thank you so much for organising this," I said to him.

Cam and I started talking about planning the wedding. He said that his Mother was more than happy to help. I gave him the numbers of Ana, Tara and Liv so that they could help and I said that Tara would be my maid of honour and the other two would be my bridesmaid.

Tara is the same size as me so she could pick out a wedding dress. We planned to have it the day after I got back from this tour. Cam had to leave to catch a flight home so I headed back to the hotel with Parker.

Mom was out at some meeting so I called David. Luckily he answered because I hadn't thought about the time difference.

"Hey, David, it's Ally," I said.

"Hey Ally, how come you are calling? Shouldn't you be performing," he said.

"I have the night off. I got engaged today."

"That's great, congratulations."

"Yeah, anyway so when I get off this tour I'm going to have the wedding and I want to invite you."

"Thank you so such much. Does your Mother know about this?"

"No, you can't tell her."

I told him that I would keep him in touch about the wedding about where and when it was. Mom came in so I quickly hung up on him and shoved the phone into my bag.

"So, how was your date?" she asked.

"Great," I said and grabbed a book so that I didn't have to talk to her.

Mom was running us around like crazy. We were well into our ninth month on the tour and she had replaced most of the dancers that started the tour even though I complained about it. She would just bring up my contract and walk away. I was so glad that Cam had given me a way out.

Bang bang
The gun rang in my head again
The light it shines
Nobody sees it
Are birds circling over my head yet?
Their bitter pattern
It draws my halo

Here you're light as a ghost
On my mind you weigh the most
Like a country at war
Trading towns and keeping score

I can see your head in the crowd
Like the sun through the clouds
You're always turning me inside out

But it falls through the cracks in the glass
When you move it too fast
And the time, it turns inside out

But the moral isn't lost on me
I know I'll never see
The light
Ding dong
The wrong song in my brain again
I know who'll be at the door

Spin spin
End up right back where I begin
The record shatters
On the floor

There's a love in my mind
It's a different but familiar kind
There's a kiss in the cup
But who'll be there to pick it up?

I can see your head in the crowd
Like the sun through the clouds
You're always turning me inside out
But it falls through the cracks in the glass
When you move it too fast
And the time, it turns inside out

But the moral isn't lost on me
I know I'll never see
The light

If I was brave
If I was stronger
Would you hold the candle longer?
If I burnt it to the ground
If I fall do I make a sound? (x2)

If I hit you from the south
Would it almost shut your mouth?
For he who wears the crown
Your head is heavy now

Here you're light as a ghost
On my mind you weigh the most
Like a country at war
Trading towns and keeping score

I can see your head in the crowd
Like the sun through the clouds
You're always turning me inside out

But it falls through the cracks in the glass
When you move it too fast
And the time, it turns inside out

But the moral isn't lost on me
I know I'll never see
The light

"I really wish that you would cut this song," Mom complained.

Mom and the record company doesn't like it because it is more real that some of my other songs. I have argued about it for ages and now that I have been performing it and it is on the album it is a bit harder for them to cut it from the show because many fans like it.

I wasn't as close with these dancers because I hadn't known them as long. Beth was the first one to go and I got her a job with a dance company in LA that does a ton of shows. Since then I have managed to get jobs for another five and working on the others. I made sure to give them a recommendation letter from me so that is helpful for them.

I rolled my eyes and headed off the stage. Mom followed me and I was glad that I had hidden the ring that Cam has given me. I didn't want her to find out before I could get out of this.

"So, anyway after this tour is done you are going to start writing more songs," Mom ordered.

"Of course, I have a couple of ideas," I said pretending that I was interested in it.

"You know that I want what is best for you."

"Of course, I understand that."

She smiled and headed out of the door. I can't believe that she thinks that I agree with what she does it me. It drives me crazy because I don't have any freedom.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry it is so short but the wedding is going to be the next chapter as there isn't much left so this book

Comment and Vote

The Wise One